Iron Man Mark V Hot Toys

mazon27091

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Mine arrived at the weekend, great figure, can make him battle damaged or pristine. :smashin:

Attachments

• iron v.jpg
    iron v.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 6,210
Last edited:
Is it worth picking up, because it like the look of it....alot

Only my opinion but for me this is most easily passable figure in the Iron Man line, mainly because if you're simply getting him to complete the hall of armour all you really need is the suit case ;)

I've just ordered my first HT IM, the MK4, so want another at least one more. This could be the next. I apprecaite that if you have the others it may not be the most attractive figure.

I've just ordered my first HT IM, the MK4, so want another at least one more. This could be the next. I apprecaite that if you have the others it may not be the most attractive figure.

SNAP! I've just got the mark IV as well. Personally I think the Mark VI is the best suite which I did have but sold, seeing as the Mark VI is in the Avengers film though I'll almost definitely get that figure when it comes out.

As it stands though the only other item from the IM range I want is a War Machine and I'll be getting one very very soon :)

Not sure about an War Machine, but I am tempted by the other 2 Iron Man figures available.

I have them all (1-6). The best one by far is number 4. Then number 1, the rest are harder to decide upon. I wasn't as impressed by War Machine as I thought I would be. He looked so much more metallic in the photos, and is just grey.

Number five has the most articulation, it has a set of hands that light up red rather than white/normal led, the stand lights up and best of all he is metallic red and grey/silver.

It is a shame this model (5) didn't feature more in the sequel.....

Looks great, I'm currently trying to decide what to replace my recently sold MkIII with. MkIV, MkV, MkVI or War Machine. Hard choice to make as they all look great.

Looks great, I'm currently trying to decide what to replace my recently sold MkIII with. MkIV, MkV, MkVI or War Machine. Hard choice to make as they all look great.

Like Tommy said, everyone seems to agree that the MkIV is the best. That's the one I am going to aim to get next anyway. But I have to say I do really like the MkV simply because of the amount of detail. My only quarrel with the Hot Toys IM line is that I can never seem to get their arms parrallel to their shoulder. So it always looks as though he is aiming downwards.

Damn, I'd end up having to get the gantry setup too!!

I'm not fussed about the gantry to be honest. Doesn't really appeal to me.

Just ordered mine of Ebay. £160 delivered.

Mendes said:
Just ordered mine of Ebay. £160 delivered.

I've had mine a couple of weeks now. But I just got the beserker pred and it ***** all over the MKV! The detail in the pred is unreal. Makes the mark v really look plasticky and toy like.

You got that Berserker at a great price as well! Had an eye on it myself :p

You got that Berserker at a great price as well! Had an eye on it myself :p

Yer it was a good price. He was a really nice lad too, box was a little beaten up and there is a mark on the back of his skirt/kilt/loin cloth/thing but it's really tiny. So he offered me £5 off. I didn't accept it as it was only small, but I was really impressed with him :) Now to get the other 3...

Thinking of getting rid of my Mark V to be honest, it's got nothing on the Pred!

You getting anymore Predators? I've got the Classic on order but really tempted by the Tracker as well but then I can hardly keep it at just two can I :laugh:

You getting anymore Predators? I've got the Classic on order but really tempted by the Tracker as well but then I can hardly keep it at just two can I :laugh:

I want to get the classic next, but then I plan on getting the tracker (plus an extra dog), shadow and the falconer. When I first got into Hot Toys, I said I was going to stick to my fave two lines: Iron Man and Predator, which I have done. I have owned the MKIII BD, MKVI and MKV, but none of them have anything on the Beserker!

I've had mine a couple of weeks now. But I just got the beserker pred and it ***** all over the MKV! The detail in the pred is unreal. Makes the mark v really look plasticky and toy like.

Don't say that, I'll starting thinking why did I bother...

Don't say that, I'll starting thinking why did I bother...

Haha sorry buddy. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, and it's movie accurate. It's just that the Predator feels as though it's better quality due to the MKV being made out of plastic and it doesn't weigh anywhere near as much. I never really got why people were so "OMG THIS IS AMAZING" about Hot Toys. But the Beserker is very impressive. The MKV is just "yer that's cool". Haha, just my opinion, you may really enjoy the MKV!

Haha sorry buddy. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, and it's movie accurate. It's just that the Predator feels as though it's better quality due to the MKV being made out of plastic and it doesn't weigh anywhere near as much. I never really got why people were so "OMG THIS IS AMAZING" about Hot Toys. But the Beserker is very impressive. The MKV is just "yer that's cool". Haha, just my opinion, you may really enjoy the MKV!

I hope I do. I don't want to get into collecting any other series or franchises, so keeping to a select few. I know what you mean about HT, but for the size they are easy to show off and the boxes take up less room. A good excuse if ever there was one, lol.

I think the MK V will compliment my MK IV nicely. Wondering if the MKVI will be worth getting too?

Makes the mark v really look plasticky and toy like.

Meant to ask you does the Mark V feel more/as plasticky as the Mark VI you sold me? That was my biggest problem with it and the reason why I ultimately didn't mind selling him on

As I've said a billion times before the Mark IV is the best Iron Man figure I've owned (out of the Mark III, IV & VI)

I do still prefer the triangle arc reactor saying all that though, hopefully the Avengers version of the Mark VI will be more 'solid'. Not that you'll know until you've invested your money of course :laugh:

This arrived yesterday and although not as nice as the MKIV it is a cracking addition to my collection.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom