Iron Man from Movietyme on PS3

hotstepper

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
got my copy delivered yesterday from movietyme. they state that it's region free.

anyway, popped it into my ps3 and nothing happens. i get a black screen with the blue circle thingie that iron man has in the centre of his chest that he gets his power from (so the disc is reading). at this point it seems like there should be some menu or something. when i press the triangle button for options, i get the control panel and press play but nothing happens. when i press start or select button it says operation not available.

when i put the second disc in, it plays fine. all other blu discs play fine as well.

anyone else have this issuse or know how i can get this to play or is it a case of the disc not really being region free (although i dont think i would have got to the screen with the blue circle if that was the case)

thanks

I had the same kind of thing. I popped in the first disc and it stalled on that screen for about 3-4 minutes. I left it loading and after a while it went to the main menu and worked fine. Film played without any issues.

I must try it again to see if maybe it only happens on the first use. Is it loading or saving settings to the PS3 for blu ray live maybe?.

I also got mine from MT by the way and it is definetly region free.

I think it's downloading data from BD-live. I suspect if you disconnect the network cable, or disable wireless, then it will be quicker.

I had the same kind of thing. I popped in the first disc and it stalled on that screen for about 3-4 minutes. I left it loading and after a while it went to the main menu and worked fine. Film played without any issues.

I must try it again to see if maybe it only happens on the first use. Is it loading or saving settings to the PS3 for blu ray live maybe?.

I also got mine from MT by the way and it is definetly region free.

ok cool, i'll try that...hopefully i haven't messed things up download wise cause i have ejected and restard the machine a few times to see fi that would solve the issue. will leave it to run tonight

Don't fear - nothing wrong with the disc - mine did the same - just leave it for a good 5 mins then the menu come up and everything else is absolutle fine.

As stated earlier I think it is downloading stuff - also once it has done it the once it should load quicker the next time. :thumbsup:

Sounds like the same problem that afflicted Transformers. Took 5mins + to start the first time. Fired up immediately ever since.

Not got Iron Man.....but it's coming

Something does not seem quite right here on the PS3, I only have a HTPC but when i launch iron Man the Chest circle appears and then a tab screen asking if i would like to connect to BDlive to download additional content i select 'NO' and then the blue chest circle loads straight into the main menu, Takes around 25 seconds and no longer.

Something does not seem quite right here on the PS3, I only have a HTPC but when i launch iron Man the Chest circle appears and then a tab screen asking if i would like to connect to BDlive to download additional content i select 'NO' and then the blue chest circle loads straight into the main menu, Takes around 25 seconds and no longer.

It sounds like you have your PS3 set to prompt before it downloads contenet through bdlive as you are saying no to the prompt it will go straight to the menu. The op doesn't have a problem as was suggested by subsequent replies it is merely downloading all the content. This did happen with the transformers disc as well once you don't have to do it again.

Funnily enough, since my earlier post Iron Man has popped onto my doormat from Movietyme :smashin:

Put the disc in the PS3 and it took about 2-3 minutes to throw up a screen asking if I want to download the BD-Live content. I said 'yes' (what the hell, it's a test) and it took about 3 minutes again to download, though I appreciate that's more to do with internet speed.

Playing perfectly at the sec. Disc 2 also.

Funnily enough, since my earlier post Iron Man has popped onto my doormat from Movietyme :smashin:

Put the disc in the PS3 and it took about 2-3 minutes to throw up a screen asking if I want to download the BD-Live content. I said 'yes' (what the hell, it's a test) and it took about 3 minutes again to download, though I appreciate that's more to do with internet speed.

Playing perfectly at the sec. Disc 2 also.
great, so now i know my disc should be fine...just let it run
thanks guys :thumbsup:

It sounds like you have your PS3 set to prompt before it downloads contenet through bdlive as you are saying no to the prompt it will go straight to the menu. The op doesn't have a problem as was suggested by subsequent replies it is merely downloading all the content. This did happen with the transformers disc as well once you don't have to do it again.

No i dont own a PS3 i sold them both to build my HTPC as it appears to load discs faster than the PS3 if this thread is anything to go by.:)

No i dont own a PS3 i sold them both to build my HTPC as it appears to load discs faster than the PS3 if this thread is anything to go by.:)

Sorry I'll read your post properly in future!

I don't think the load time is to bad with my PS3.

Sorry I'll read your post properly in future!

I don't think the load time is to bad with my PS3.

Why is 'Load Time ' so important? My Samsung 1400 does have its faults but its load time- whilst not all that fast - isn't all that important ... even the slowest of these Blue Ray players only takes a couple of minutes to load, so Why the Desperate Hurry?

You load the film, adjust the settings and then play the film ... or T.V. program ... which plays Much longer than it takes to load. Whats the Problem? Why are people So Impatient?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom