• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Iron Man 3 (Bluray steelbook) - German release

drkj3di

Prominent Member
Awesome looking Iron Man 3 Steelbook listed on Amazon.de for €18.99!

Iron Man 3 - Steelbook [Blu-ray] [Limited Edition]: Amazon.de: Robert Jr. Downey, Guy Pearce, Cobie Smulders, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rebecca Hall, William Sadler, Ben Kingsley, Shane Black: Filme & TV

91VGiUF71kL._AA1500_.jpg

I'm sure it says artwork tbc or similar but...

Suffice to say I've pre-ordered at that price! If the cover changes then hopefully it will still be as cool... :thumbsup:

Not sure if a UK Zavvi / Amazon version is on the books or not...

drkj3di

Prominent Member
I only placed the order as it was cheap compared to the pricing for alot of steels these days... I may well stick with the Marvel heroes steelies soon...

If Zavvi or Amazon get it for £14.99 with a cover that cool then no-brainer really, cancel this and go with them... Hopefully more news to follow soon! :)

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Ordering that bad boy!!!

Not making the same mistake with this that I did with 1 & 2

Neil

drkj3di

Prominent Member
I just hope they keep that cover and give it some embossing... probably not, I bet matte / flat finish being .de release but who knows...

Jessica Davies

Standard Member
With his back against the wall, Tony has to survive by his own devices, relying on his creativity and instincts to protect himself and those close to him.

SteelHoarder

Prominent Member
Oh dear , it's a Concorde release - the bargain bucket shop of the Blu-ray trade. They make Optimum & Alliance look classy.
Expect a dumbed down single sided 25 Gb disc with heavily compressed picture quality so that everything fits on one side , no extras and yet full hi-def English & German audio on this one like they do with their other Blu-ray releases - they are notorious for it.
The average bitrate on their Blu-ray releases falls from the industry average of 25- 35 kbps to 12 - 14 kbps. Shocking.

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
This will get a UK release for sure, will wait for that & the inevitable cock up Disney UK will make.
May end up just ordering a US copy.

In the mean time I've got my Dbox tickets for this booked for tomorrow afternoon....can't wait! :)

MGRayd

Distinguished Member
Seeing this tonight at 7:20 Southampton Odeon in 3D IMAX.

Will be getting this, might pre-order this while we wait on confirmation of UK.

stument

Distinguished Member
Pre-Ordered until UK Confirmed :thumbsup:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Bear in mind we can always cancel if/when UK release pops up :)

That's exactly the plan but then if the art is different on them then I'll probably end up keeping both anyway ;)

I'm going to wait for the UK version, I personally don't like having foreign language all over the box art.

Tacozilla

Established Member
yea posted this on the other iron man 3 thread, the german text says artwork tbc, or temporary artwork (or something). Im going to wait for the UK release (as there is bound to be one), which will have the paramount logo and marvel logos to match the other releases (even though, yes Marvel is Disney... Paramount's logo still appears on marketing and release stuff)

snooloui

Distinguished Member
This will probably be absolutely awful considering it is being released by Concorde. I'm waiting for the inevitable Disney/Paramount releases which will no doubt be excellent.

MGRayd

Distinguished Member
With his back against the wall, Tony has to survive by his own devices, relying on his creativity and instincts to protect himself and those close to him.

So far all your posts read like a mini synopsis... and I just don't get it as none of them contribute to the thread in any way shape or form.

The Ringmaster

Prominent Member
How the hell do you cancel using Amazon Germany site? I've managed to pre-order based on my layout knowledge of the UK site but I need translation! lol

drkj3di

Prominent Member
Google chrome translates most but i think the buttons are in German so use google translate to check

The account layout should be roughly the same... I've cancelled before with no problem

The Ringmaster

Prominent Member
Google chrome translates most but i think the buttons are in German so use google translate to check

The account layout should be roughly the same... I've cancelled before with no problem

Tried using google chrome but it messes up and keeps stating it "cannot translate/display the page".

I use firefox. If anybody knows the best add-on for translating then that would be much appreciated?

The Ringmaster

Prominent Member
I'll wait for a UK release.

On a side note, I just came back from the cinema after watching this and BOY DO I WANT THIS IN STEELBOOK FORM! Very entertaining film. Not the best of the bunch in my opinion but it certainly isn't a let down. Too much comedy moments and not enough 'kaboom' I felt, but nonetheless, GREAT film!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom