Iron Man 2 - Blu-ray/DVD Combo

When watching, I had assumed it was C, but now you have made me unsure :rolleyes::D

I'd like it to be B as in IM3 it would be great if ...
Pepper had to put on the portable IM suit to save Stark from something, makes a hash of it, but does the job anyway (like in True Lies when Jamie Lee Curtis drops the Uzi down the stairs and kills a load of terrorists even though she and arnie coulda got shot themselves lol)

I've only seen the movie the once but I instantly thought C. On a separate note,
I could've done without the new power source magically curing Stark's palladium poisoning, but that's one of those deus ex machina Hollywood moments that can rarely be avoided these days.

I've only seen the movie the once but I instantly thought C. On a separate note,
I could've done without the new power source magically curing Stark's palladium poisoning, but that's one of those deus ex machina Hollywood moments that can rarely be avoided these days.

Speaking of power sources, that got me thinking ....
what powered the MkII IM suit then? Unless Stark wanted someone else to use the suit, why have it pre-fitted with one of his power sources? I highly doubt Rhodey have the tech know-how to quickly install one himself.

Speaking of power sources, that got me thinking ....
what powered the MkII IM suit then? Unless Stark wanted someone else to use the suit, why have it pre-fitted with one of his power sources? I highly doubt Rhodey have the tech know-how to quickly install one himself.

I hadn't thought of that either... :confused:

I enjoyed parts of the film, but they sort of blew some of Stark's cool attributes. In the first film he is cool, and in the second film he is immature. I don't like movies where the psychology doesn't gel very well.

Well, he is
dying
in the second film, which is why he's changed from this cool guy into a complete ass-clown. Stark has a lot of pressure on his shoulders anyway, and the
palladium poisoning
is the thing that finally tips him over the edge.

Even though it's eventually dealt with far too easily, it's still a brave thing to do to a character like Stark precisely because he's a superhero; he can help everyone except himself. He just doesn't know how to deal with it until SHIELD point the way, and while it may not make for a satisfying storyline for a big-ass summer blockbuster, I do find Stark's reactions to be consistent with the situation he is facing.

Well, he is
dying
in the second film, which is why he's changed from this cool guy into a complete ass-clown. Stark has a lot of pressure on his shoulders anyway, and the
palladium poisoning
is the thing that finally tips him over the edge.

Even though it's eventually dealt with far too easily, it's still a brave thing to do to a character like Stark precisely because he's a superhero; he can help everyone except himself. He just doesn't know how to deal with it until SHIELD point the way, and while it may not make for a satisfying storyline for a big-ass summer blockbuster, I do find Stark's reactions to be consistent with the situation he is facing.

Yeah, makes sense.

Just got round to watching it. Not as good as the first but still a solid film and worth having on blu.

Also nice scene after the credits

Also, anyone who got their copy through tesco, have u been charged yet ?? I've just checked my bank account and they haven't taken payment yet

Last edited:
Finally got around to watching my copy last night :facepalm:
I had been waiting for a friend who wanted to watch it.

I had to change the audio setting on my Sony S570 from Auto output to PCM half an hour in as the audio kept cutting out, yet if I skipped back the audio played on the same part of the film. Once I switched to PCM it was fine. Anyone else had this issue?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom