Iron Man 2 - Blu-ray/DVD Combo

When the Blu-Ray format first launched some companies seemed to (like me) prefer the US slimline cases so ignored the general edict that UK cases should be fat. More recently that practice (aside from ITV titles) seems to have gone away, although all Eureka's titles are issued as slimlines.

A real shame as I could stack even more :clap: if they were slimline cases instead of the waste of space the fat cases are.

In all honesty, I probably prefer the slim sized packaging also for the same reason, space saving.

My Tesco order arrived today in a "fat" case. I will probably watch it in the next day or so.

This is £16.99 in hmv bromley and there were all the fat cases.

In all honesty, I probably prefer the slim sized packaging also for the same reason, space saving.

But for me, it would look weird next to Iron Man in a thick case.

My UK slimline cases include:

Zulu
The Company of Wolves
Copying Beethoven
Capricorn One
The Ipcress File
etc.

Actually it looks like any title from ITV comes in a slimline case.

Don't own any of those or any ITV titles so that explains my lack of slimline U.K. BDs then. I do have 30 Days of Night though; don't remember it being slimline however.

I do prefer slimline cases myself though especially now I'm buying so many BDs I don't know where the hell to put them all. I've been slowly but surely replacing the majority of my DVDs but even they're not leaving me enough room!

Last edited:
But for me, it would look weird next to Iron Man in a thick case.

Yes I agree. I think really we were just talking about deciding on one format and sticking to it. USA went with slimline cases for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray from day one. UK decided it had to be different and go with fat cases, but deviates from time-to-time so you get worst of both worlds - inconsistency and bulk :-(

Got mine this morning from Tesco entertainment online in the usual 14mm fat case. :)

It only shipped on saturday so there's is one good thing i could say about Tesco, at lease it was delivered quick.

My order from Tesco still hadnt been sent as off Saturday so cancelled it and got a copy from Blockbuster for £15, it too is a slimcase, strange how their seems to be 2 different types around.

Is the UK version region free? Have a US PS3 and fancy nipping out to the shops to pick it up relatively cheap :)

Last edited:
Is the UK version region free? Have a US PS3 and fancy nipping out to the shops to pick it up relatively cheap :)

Yes it is.

I got a fat case from Tesco today but it matches Iron Man so not to bothered.

I got mine today from Tesco fat case.

Got IM2 today, just watched IM1 to prepare. What a cracking film the first one is, I've yet to see the second so I hope it lives up to it's predecessor.

Anyone else watched this yet? Or are y'all too busy with BTTF and Alien?

Excellent PQ, terrific sound, and the movie ain't bad either.

Yeah, watched it sunday night as I didn't get the AA til today. Watched it with SWMBO and both really enjoyed it (although SWMBO said she did enjoy IM1 more) We couldn't really crank it up though as our 15-month old was asleep in the room next door :rolleyes:

As you said, the PQ is really good and the story continues really well from the first - the only real let down for me though was .......
the final Iron Man/War Machine V's Whip Lash showdown - thought this was over far too quickly and too easily as well.

Can't wait til the 3rd installment and The Avengers film (whichever comes first)

PQ - 8.5/10
AQ (with night mode on) - 7/10
Movie - 8/10

Last edited:

Not watched yet :(

As you said, the PQ is really good and the story continues really well from the first - the only real let down for me though was .......
the final Iron Man/War Machine V's Whip Lash showdown - thought this was over far too quickly and too easily as well.

Totally agree with your spoiler.

I thought the film/story was pretty decent, a 7/10 for me; nothing new or groundbreaking, but a good "switch off" action movie.

I can't really comment on the sound, as I only use a 2.1 speaker system, although it was giving my sub a good rumbling and dialogue was nice and clear, so on my little set up I would give it a solid 9/10 - obviously this will be different on the big speaker set ups I would imagine.

Picture quality was above average/good on my TV - I would give it a 7.5/10. There was nothing really to complain about, but nothing made me go "wow" either.

I thought Micky Rourke put in a solid performance and Scarlett Johansson provided a nice bit of eye candy.

A recommended purchase.

The Triple Play Edition is only £15 in Sainsbury's, I almost picked it up, but then decided not to. Not seen it, the first was OK, it certainly wasn't Batman TDK (a benchmark which I doubt will be bettered soon) but I did enjoy it, is IM2 as good as IM1?

is IM2 as good as IM1?

I would say they are about on par with each other. Although a lot of people disagree, so I think it is one you would have to watch and judge for yourself.

It is, however, no Dark Knight.

Something I didn't quite 'get' in the film, hopefully someone else can answer (spoilered as it gives away a bit of plot)

When Stark has that meeting with Nick Fury in the donut shop after Rhodey has taken the Iron Man MkII suit from Starks house - Natalie/Nastasha/Black Widow says that there should have been safeguards in place to stop unauthorised use of the Iron Man suits. Are we to assume that either

a) There were no safeguards in place at all
b) Stark told Jarvis (I assume, as he is interfaced with the suits) that certain people - like Rhodey/Pepper - can have access to the suits for emergency use.
or
c) Stark was going to let Rhodey take a suit anyway for the military to use?

Remember to 'safeguard' your answers guys ;)

Something I didn't quite 'get' in the film, hopefully someone else can answer (spoilered as it gives away a bit of plot)

When Stark has that meeting with Nick Fury in the donut shop after Rhodey has taken the Iron Man MkII suit from Starks house - Natalie/Nastasha/Black Widow says that there should have been safeguards in place to stop unauthorised use of the Iron Man suits. Are we to assume that either

a) There were no safeguards in place at all
b) Stark told Jarvis (I assume, as he is interfaced with the suits) that certain people - like Rhodey/Pepper - can have access to the suits for emergency use.
or
c) Stark was going to let Rhodey take a suit anyway for the military to use?

Remember to 'safeguard' your answers guys ;)

When watching, I had assumed it was C, but now you have made me unsure :rolleyes::D

Has anyone else noticed that the spoilers on this site are still visible? It would be better if they made them totally hidden. I know one popular forum has it so that when you spoiler text, you need to actually click on a tag to show the text - a much better way of doing it.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom