1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IRMAN and Sky+ remote - problems...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by janmars, Dec 13, 2003.

1. janmars

janmars
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just got a Sky+ remote for use with my IRMAN and Girder software. However the Girder software seems to have some trouble recognising the Sky+ functions.

Each time I ask girder to learn a function, it sees different buttons as having the same codes. For example, girder seems to the that the four direction buttons and the select button are all FF6000000000.

How do I get round this? Is it a problem with Girder, or maybe I have a duff remote. All help appreciated...cheers...

2. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  3. janmars

janmars
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the reply, and yes it is somewhat annoying. Anyway, managed to get around the problem. I brought the Sky+ remote purely for use with the PC, as they are nice remotes for the price. Unfortunatly, the IRMAN cannot understand the Sky+ codes, and when programming a brand in for the TV section the cursor arrows and fast forward etc. buttons no longer work.

However, found the following guide...

http://www.hummer.co.uk/remote-setup.htm

...which shows how to set the TV button as an AV button to control your Amp. This then enables the cursor buttons etc. and IRMAN will pick up all the functions here.

A little messing around, but it works great now. :)

Cheers...

4. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have you got a more 'exact' link for the information or can you please post instructions on where it is on the ebaum site?

Cheers.

5. MikeyB

MikeyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I clicked on the link to the ebaumsworld site, I got a message (from our firewall here at work) saying it's blocked due to nudity etc.

6. janmars

janmars
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :laugh: Forgive me :D I posted the wrong link...don't even know why that link was in my clipboard to start with, it's not particually funny...

Here's the correct link:

http://www.hummer.co.uk/remote-setup.htm

Plus post above is now edited...