1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iRiver power supply question

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Skyav, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Skyav

Skyav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I'm a UK resident planning on taking my excellent iRiver iHP40 jukebox on holiday to the USA soon.

Does anyone know if the power supply/charger will work in the USA, if I have the relevant travel plug adaptor? I realise the USA uses 120v and we're on 240, but the whole idea of amps, watts, volts etc confuses the heck out of me and I wouldn't want to damage my unit if it's not feasable.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Skyav :thumbsup:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well I'm about to do the same and as long as the voltage is lower than our 240v it wont do either the charger or the iRiver any harm to plug it in in the USA.
    I can't remember for sure, but I think the charger is labelled as being multivoltage anyway from something like 110v - 250v so the USA is within the stated safe limits. But even if it is rated as just 240v then as I said above the USA 110v will do the unit no harm. The lower voltage will just take longer to charge the battery.

Mark.