1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iriver H320 Lite 20GB MP3 Player with Tuner (SE) Optical Out?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by realslimcookie, Mar 9, 2005.

1. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello
    I am considering buying the "iriver H320 Lite 20GB MP3 Player with Tuner (SE)" but have a question. Does this have an optical out because Richersounds website reckons it does however there is no mention on any other website that it does. Does anybody have this item and know the answer. Failing this what is the quality like using the line out cable supplied linking to a receiver.

Cheers for any replies.

Realsllimcookie.

2. Peter Webb

Peter Webb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The H320 does not have an optical out,but does have separate analog line in and out.Quality through line out to amp/receiver is fine.
    The H320 also does direct encoding from it's built in radio,or through the line in socket.I've recorded from a Pure Tempus digital radio with very good results.
    Richer are probably confusing this model with the H1.. series which does have an optical in /out I believe.

I am very pleased with my H320,and would not swap it for an ipod or a Sony (and I love Sony stuff).