Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Iriver H320 [HELP NEEDED]

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Ninjaman, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Ninjaman

Ninjaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have recently purchased the Iriver H320 after spending umming and ahing over which one to get. And so far I am quite happy with it. I have over 400 cds, I am diligently coping my CDs to my computer in 192Kbps compression with ID3Tags. I have following question that is specific to this player. I have updated the player with the latest firmware from Iriver and used FAQ.

So far I have transfered across 55 folders (albums) and 834 songs. In the root directory there are 3 files: H300.hex, iRivNavi.iDB and Iriver, Catch the digital flow!,mp3.

I use the following software: CD-DA extractor, Win Amp and Ms Media Player.

Please explain to me in the simpliest terms.

NAVIGATION:
    In the navigation menu, there is File/Artist/Album/Genre.
    If I select File option you can manipulate your files and folders that contain music, however, there is no information contained in the other 3 options.

PLAYLISTS:
    M3u. Where do I need copy this file for the player to recognise it. I assume that if you coping from your computer to the iriver then the directories on both devices would be different. ie. a playlist that works on your computer wont necessarily work on the iriver?

Database:
    How can I use the database feature and whats its purpose.
    How can I create a database.
    Whats does the database scan does.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIMER:
    Can you get the Iriver to recognise the correct time from the computer when you copy files across.

These are my major issues at the moment so any help would be appreciated. :lease:

2. fdrzrich

fdrzrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    For the other 3 options you need to have set up the database, see my explanation further down....

I think you can just create a folder called 'Playlists' in the root directory and it will work. For the playlist to work the songs contained must be on the actaul player.

To create the database you can use the software supplied with the player, but a better alternative is Irivium or TDT. For more info on these and for ALL your Iriver questions, go over to http://www.misticriver.net - it was the answer to all my questions!!! :clap:

Depending on if you have a UK version or not, it will not recognise times, or have a clock. What firmware are you using?