Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Iriver H10 help needed, please.

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Sulley75, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Sulley75

Sulley75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    Hi all, got this yesterday. Impressed with it more than i am with the iPod Mini, yet i have a few gripes that are making me consider taking it back.

1, How can i fix it so that music plays/transfers in the order that the tracks are on the cd?? They are listed alphabetically!!

2, When i syncronise with player, it sends all music to music file on player which is where i want it. Yet when i drag n drop stuff, it sends it to browser folder! I want it all in one place.

If anyone can help with these issues, id appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Gaz.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    All Windows based files will be sorted in alphabetical/numeric order. When I ripped all my CD's they were named from an internet database and the title of each track was also given a track number ie folder=artist, sub folder=album name, files=track number, track title. With this all tracks are kept in order as the sorting is done on the track numer and not the track name. Just number them 01>99 manually to keep them in order.

When I drag and drop music from PC to my iRiver iHP-120 i just drop it on the folder I want it to go in and that is exactly where it ends up! Just open the players HDD window on the PC, open the 'music' folder and then drag & drop the files into that window. I see no reason why the files wont stay where you dropped them.

Mark.

3. eddiethered

eddiethered

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    The cd track order should be fixed by a new firmware upgrade - soon!

4. tcs17_tim

tcs17_tim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope so I have exactly the same gripe and no way am I going to back and rename all the files.

Another problem I have is that everytime I sync from iriver plus it syncs 52 files already on there. It must delete the version already on there as the time on the file is updated but there arent duplicate files afterwards. Its the same 52 files each time.

I have tried deleting them and starting again to no avail. Weird....

5. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    1, How can i fix it so that music plays/transfers in the order that the tracks are on the cd?? They are listed alphabetically!!

iRiver owners always hang on for the firmware fixes. They might be delivered, they might not, you never know. Rename the files using a mass tagger or wait.

2, When i syncronise with player, it sends all music to music file on player which is where i want it. Yet when i drag n drop stuff, it sends it to browser folder! I want it all in one place.

The H10 is not self databasing, i.e. the machine itself can't read MP3 tags. When you sync, the iRiver Plus software updates the database on the H10. When you drag & drop, there's no iRiver Plus around to do that. The Rio Carbon is self databasing.

6. tcs17_tim

tcs17_tim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a firmware upgrade available now, it requires irvier plus to be updated too. Mine did both automatically.

Not tried it yet though, that pleasure will be in themorning on the way to work.