1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iriver FM transmitter for H10 quick review & questions

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Neville Street, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Neville Street

Neville Street

Jul 11, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Also posted similar thread on Misticriver

Just received iriver H10 FM Transmitter to use with my H10 20Gb from MisticAudio. I am in the UK so will only be using it on overseas trips as it is illegal here :).

Initial comments:
    - easy to use
    - hassle free
    - looks good as it fits straight on top
    - sound quality is very average. OK in a car full of kids but definitely not as good as listening to normal radio.

However some questions:

1. are there any hints and tips for improving quality of broadcast? Should I try another brand or do they all sound a bit ropey compared to the normal radio or even a cassette adapter (which I use in my car)? I thought of getting my daughter to hold it as she sits in the back near my wifes cars built in window aerial - is this likely to have a material impact? I am getting an aux in lead for the car, but it is not available yet. I intend to use the transmitter in rental cars (abroad).
    2. for use around the house (when I am abroad on holiday) I just ordered a couple of FM cable aerials - is this likely to help?
    3.Iis there any way to leave it on top but switch it off? Will it just go off after a while? Is the power consumption with the H10 switched off so negligible as to be not worth worrying about? I don't like the idea of having to unplug it and store it separately.

Cheers for input from those in the know. NS