1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iris 800

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by thelaw, Nov 2, 2003.

1. thelaw

thelaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the IRIS 800 is compatible with the Barco 801? How could I go about getting my software version updated to accomodate it?

Thanks,
    Jon

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Yes it is COMPATIBLE if you can get one for free then many hours of fidling and playing can be had. If you have to pay money for it they are better uses.

£1 says you will still need a remote to finnish converging your projector.

My advice is to leave it alone they are more troble than worth.

3. thelaw

thelaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought an RCVDS 800 and IRIS 800 for £50 for both. Is that a good price?

Also Roland, do you have a set of the metal housed lenses that come standard with the BG800/801? I would like to replace my scratched plastic housed ones that came with by BD801. The ones I have are HD8B(?), could you tell me the model number of the metal BG type ones? Also, will the HD144 (?) fit the 800/801 series?

Thanks as always for your brilliant support..

Jon

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    It's a good price for the RCVDS :laugh:

Yes I have a set of metal HD8's I think the model number is the same, I will look. send me a mail

I've not come across HD144's what are they normally fitted to or do you mean HD145 which are fitted to the 7inch projectors like seleco, barco etc. In which case no.

Support, no problem

5. thelaw

thelaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland,

Could you tell me how accurate the Barco Lens program is? Im installing the projector on the ceiling this week and because of my worn blue tube only have 9cm width of phosphor to work with. On my 1.80M screen I worked out the distance to CRT to be 3.20M. I really dont want to get this wrong but I will have about 50CM to play with on the unistrut.

Cheers.
    Jon