Iran admits shooting down airliner

After having seen the footage - they really had no option. I think the admission is the right thing to do. A tragic accident and collateral damage from something Trump started.

Tragic mistake. The collateral damage from that US airstrike has been awful.

Why commercial were allowed to fly at this time is also ridiculous and something that needs to be investigated.

Rediculous comments above apu ref Trump.

Iran attacked the embassy. Trump retaliated unlike his predecessors. Iran has been attacking oil tankers, shipping routes for months.

They're that thick, they kill 50 of there own at a funeral ***. They killed more people than Trump!

Last edited:
After having seen the footage - they really had no option. I think the admission is the right thing to do. A tragic accident and collateral damage from something Trump started.
You’re right but I’m still surprised they admitted it.

Tragic mistake. The collateral damage from that US airstrike has been awful.

Why commercial were allowed to fly at this time is also ridiculous and something that needs to be investigated.

This is not collateral damage, it is just a stupid mistake. Collateral damage is where you fire at a legitimate target but nearby non-combatant people and buildings are also harmed.

This is not collateral damage, if you think otherwise tell me the legitimate target that was attacked.

This is just a sad accident brought about by trigger-happy Iranians.

Cheers,

Nigel

You are splitting hairs and being very pandatic if you think the deaths are not collateral damage. If the US had not launched their attack, there would not have been a funeral, no crush at the funeral where 50 people died and no action by Iran where a plane was shot down in a tragic incident.

This is not collateral damage, it is just a stupid mistake. Collateral damage is where you fire at a legitimate target but nearby non-combatant people and buildings are also harmed.

This is not collateral damage, if you think otherwise tell me the legitimate target that was attacked.

This is just a sad accident brought about by trigger-happy Iranians.

Cheers,

Nigel

I'm afraid you clearly don't understand the term "collateral damage".

You are splitting hairs and being very pandatic if you think the deaths are not collateral damage. If the US had not launched their attack, there would not have been a funeral, no crush at the funeral where 50 people died and no action by Iran where a plane was shot down in a tragic incident.

Well I think your links are very selective. If you want to play that game then you need to go back a lot further to determine the original cause of the tensions in the middle east. How about “none of this would have happened had Al-Qaeda not attacked US soil.

You could certainly argue that the recent events would have not happened had Iran not been supporting terrorists and paramilitary groups in Iraq.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
Well I think your links are very selective. If you want to play that game then you need to go back a lot further to determine the original cause of the tensions in the middle east. How about “none of this would have happened had Al-Qaeda not attacked US soil.

Cheers,

Nigel

Seriously? I am talking about the collateral damage from this US strike, which is what this thread is about. It is not about x number of years of anguish and who caused what.

Seriously? I am talking about the collateral damage from this US strike, which is what this thread is about. It is not about x number of years of anguish and who caused what.

Fair enough I was updating my post to make it more recent as your response came through.

I repeat, these recent events would not have happened had Iran not been supporting terrorist and paramilitary activities in Iraq. There is the real source of this most recent chain of events.

Cheers,

Nigel

Fair enough I was updating my post to make it more recent as your response came through.

I repeat, these recent events would not have happened had Iran not been supporting terrorist and paramilitary activities in Iraq. There is the real source of this most recent chain of events.

Cheers,

Nigel
Fair enough :thumbsup:

Let's be honest, the reason that missile operator was spooked is because of the 22 missiles Iran had fired at American forces only two hours earlier. My arse would have been twitching, too.

What a load of poppy co k do you know why the USA launched a selective strike to take out the general.

What a load of poppy co k do you know why the USA launched a selective strike to take out the general.

Not sure what you mean. I know as much as anyone else who has followed the news but I don't have any special insight.

Whichever side of the politics you stand on, this is tragic at best! :(

Dreadful outcome, I'm not so sure if it was deliberate or accidentally as it was on the usual flight path, it had just taken off from a main airport. This is the bit which no one will ever know the truth. A twisted world we live in I'm afraid to say,!

The question is largely about whether this was a strategic military decision from the Secretary of Defence and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, or whether Trump made an executive decision. By Tweeting the "Victory" the POTUS "owned it". It would have been interesting to see if the resulting retaliation would have been as devastating if he'd just been kept away from Twitter during a sensitive moment.

The question is largely about whether this was a strategic military decision from the Secretary of Defence and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, or whether Trump made an executive decision. By Tweeting the "Victory" the POTUS "owned it". It would have been interesting to see if the resulting retaliation would have been as devastating if he'd just been kept away from Twitter during a sensitive moment.
Very true, I just hope the pace of this crisis slows down for now at least.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom