Iran admits shooting down airliner

I wonder what our reaction would be if Putin or the Iranian leader kills a general in the US, UK or any of our allies?
Start by saying it was all Trump's fault for whatever?

More seriously, after 911 and 7/7 we sent troops into Afghanistan didn't we?

Another happy person from Iran.

"Let me start with a greeting, a farewell or condolences, I am one of the millions of oppressed women in Iran who they have been playing with for years."

"They took me wherever they wanted. I wore whatever they said. Every sentence they ordered me to say, I repeated. Whenever they saw fit, they exploited me," she wrote, adding that credit always went to those in charge.

"I wasn't important to them. None of us mattered to them, we were tools," Alizadeh goes on to say, explaining that while the regime celebrated her medals, it criticized the sport she had chosen: "The virtue of a woman is not to stretch her legs!"

Alizadeh confirmed the rumors Saturday, saying she "didn't want to sit at the table of hypocrisy, lies, injustice and flattery" and that she did not want to be complicit with the regime's "corruption and lies."

"My troubled spirit does not fit with your dirty economic ties and tight political lobbies. I wish for nothing else than for Taekwondo, safety and for a happy and healthy life, she said adding that she was not invited to go to Europe.

She said the decision was harder than winning Olympic gold. "I remain a daughter of Iran wherever I am," she said.

People moaning about trump blowing up a terrorist yet say nothing about the Iranians blowing up a passenger plane... Pathetic.

In one apparently symbolic act rejecting state propaganda, video showed students taking care not to walk over US and Israeli flags painted on the ground at Shahid Beheshti university in Tehran.

In some social media clips, protesters can be heard chanting anti-government slogans, including: "They are lying that our enemy is America, our enemy is right here."

People moaning about trump blowing up a terrorist yet say nothing about the Iranians blowing up a passenger plane... Pathetic.

Up to your usual twisted logic here.
I don't see anyone in this thread defending the Iranians for bringing down the plane.

Well for me the decision to allow civilian aircraft to fly was ridiculous.yes, some human made an error in judgement and was trigger happy. But if it was not deliberate then by default it is accidental, no?

It cant be an accident, it was all Trumps fault..:smashin:

Up to your usual twisted logic here.
I don't see anyone in this thread defending the Iranians for bringing down the plane.
I believe the disagreement is more about some feeling there are mitigating circumstances for Iran shooting the plane down (ie US killing Soleimaini) and others feeling this is not a mitigating circumstance.

Not sure why anyone would think there are any mitigating circumstances - Iran mistakenly fired an air defence missile at a civilian aircraft. That is not dependent on someone else doing something - it was simply a mistake by the Iranian operators that could have happened at any time.

it was simply a mistake by the Iranian operators that could have happened at any time.
Not quite. The aircraft was shot down because the Iranian air defence was on heightened alert due to anticipated US retaliation following the Iranian strikes on the US Iraqi bases the day before (which, of course, was revenge for the US missile strike).
The downing of the airliner was a tragic consequence of the sabre rattling between Iran and the US.

Not quite. The aircraft was shot down because the Iranian air defence was on heightened alert due to anticipated US retaliation following the Iranian strikes on the US Iraqi bases the day before (which, of course, was revenge for the US missile strike).
The downing of the airliner was a tragic consequence of the sabre rattling between Iran and the US.
And that Sabre rattling only started with the assassination? Come on Iran is not innocent here at all. They’ve been at it for decades.

They could have chosen not to retaliate so they would not have had to be so scared. They could also have chosen to do their job and not fire and shoot at their own people.

And that Sabre rattling only started with the assassination? Come on Iran is not innocent here at all. They’ve been at it for decades.

They could have chosen not to retaliate so they would not have had to be so scared. They could also have chosen to do their job and not fire and shoot at their own people.

not one person on his thread has said that Iran is innocent. Many have said that shooting of the aircraft was an accident, which is probably was in a time of heightened anxiety brought on by both the US and Iran.

not one person on his thread has said that Iran is innocent. Many have said that shooting of the aircraft was an accident, which is probably was in a time of heightened anxiety brought on by both the US and Iran.
Perhaps read again what I wrote ;) I did not suggest that anyone suggested Iran was innocent in shooting down that plane.

Perhaps read again what I wrote ;) I did not suggest that anyone suggested Iran was innocent in shooting down that plane.

Right. Well, you said "come on Iran is not innocent here". That could easily be read as suggesting some are suggesting that Iran is innocent.

Trump is guilty. Diane Abbott says so.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...eft-wing-protestors-at-london-anti-war-rally/

This is the crux of it. That rattling started long before Trump was elected, so hardly his fault, or anything to do with him. The assassination of the Iranian General is another in a long line of actions the US has taken since 1979 (and before to be fair) to ensure Iran is kept within its borders.

If anything, Trump has shown reluctance until now (to a fault IMO) in using any find of force against these hostile regimes. He tends to save his use of force for Mexican children.

It’s true to say that this issue has been bubbling and boiling over way before Trump. It is also true to say that Trump bucked the international trend of trying to engage with Iran by very quickly pulling out of a deal that many countries, including the US, had worked a long time to try and put into place.

Another happy person from Iran.

"Let me start with a greeting, a farewell or condolences, I am one of the millions of oppressed women in Iran who they have been playing with for years."

"They took me wherever they wanted. I wore whatever they said. Every sentence they ordered me to say, I repeated. Whenever they saw fit, they exploited me," she wrote, adding that credit always went to those in charge.

"I wasn't important to them. None of us mattered to them, we were tools," Alizadeh goes on to say, explaining that while the regime celebrated her medals, it criticized the sport she had chosen: "The virtue of a woman is not to stretch her legs!"

Alizadeh confirmed the rumors Saturday, saying she "didn't want to sit at the table of hypocrisy, lies, injustice and flattery" and that she did not want to be complicit with the regime's "corruption and lies."

"My troubled spirit does not fit with your dirty economic ties and tight political lobbies. I wish for nothing else than for Taekwondo, safety and for a happy and healthy life, she said adding that she was not invited to go to Europe.

She said the decision was harder than winning Olympic gold. "I remain a daughter of Iran wherever I am," she said.
BBC now running with it.

BBC News - Kimia Alizadeh: Iran's only female Olympic medallist defects

Alizadeh, 21, posted on social media that she had left Iran because she didn't want to be part of "hypocrisy, lies, injustice and flattery".

She described herself as "one of the millions of oppressed women in Iran".

At what point will others on the left realise Iran is the problem?

Didn’t the attack on the US embassy in Iraq take place before the killing of Soleimaini? The attack on the embassy was due to US attacks due to a US contractor being killed by Iranian militia.

If people are arguing over who started the recent escalation, you could argue it leads back to Iran...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom