IR sender / receiver and AV stands

Alps

Guys, I'm looking at buying this av stand
Z560, Sound Organisation - Racks, Stands & Isolation - For Sale

But I'll be putting it in the hall way where it'll connect my av equipment to my TV in the sitting room via CAT6 and an IR sender / receiver. Will the IR work? My concern is ill have my avr, sky HD, blue ray on each layer of the stand but the IR will not be able to connect / control all the equipment.

Any advice much appreciated.

Alps

Hi Dee thanks. Problem is ill also need the IR sender to control the avr and blue ray which will be on different levels of the stand. I have a harmony remote which controls all the devices.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Most IR devices will allow multiple eye's, some have 2 emitters on 1 jack plug in a Y layout.

The ones I use with the Pronto Extender are designed to be stuck to the front of each component, however I have them stuck to the shelf facing up, a single emitter on each shelf of my stand will control several devices at once, you may have to experiment to find the best place.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
I use a Harmony Ultimate which has it's own RF transmission system, but can also send IR. So you could have it sending IR to the TV, and then IR over RF for the equipment in your rack. The base station has a powerful IR transmitter built in and comes with two extra wideangle emitters on leads (not stick-ons) which in general means you are unlikely to need to stick emitters onto your kit. The stick-on emitters you get with IR relay kits are a little unsightly; I've used them in the past and never really liked them.

The Harmony also lets you do other neat things, like control from your phone, instead of the handset, via Android and iPhone apps.

Alps

Hi

You can get a multiple head for our extender, £6 including postage.

Just PM me your address and I will get one sent

Send the £6 to your favourite charity

Alps

Hi Seb, thanks. PM on its way. And £10 to go to Lupus UK.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom