IR repeater to work with Harmony 525

Foster1984

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am looking for an IR repeater to use with my Harmony 525 remote, to control my equipment behind cabinet doors.

I tried a Nikkai one from Maplin, but it wouldn't work with the "Activities" function of the remote, only if I was controlling one device at a time. So this is no good.

I only need one with 2 repeaters at the moment, but one with 4+ is preferred to account for any future upgrades and I don't want to spend more than £40.

With this in mind I have so far found these 2;

Neet® IR HUB - Infrared Remote Control Extender - 6: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (Cheaper)

BlastIR by Sewell, IR Emitter and Receiver Kit for UK: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (Good cable length, judging by pictures)

Would either of these be suitable? Or can someone recommend a better one?

The cabinet is actually a sideboard from Ikea (I forget the range) with dimensions of 120cm wide, 64cm tall and 40cm deep, and the box to which everything is attached would sit on one of the 2 middle shelves (hopefully, this gives some idea as to the length of cables required, I tried attaching images, but kept getting an error).

Thanks in advance.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Any IR extender will work with any Harmony.
I'd go for an ordinary one such as the Marmitek - it won't need emitters.

The Marmitek ones seemed quite expensive when I saw them on Amazon, but maybe I had been looking at the wrong ones.

Could you recommend an "ordinary" one? I thought they all had emitters. :confused:

The Marmitek is currently £26 for the pair, transmitter and receiver.
The emitters would be about another fiver but you shouldn't need them.

Any IR extender will work with any Harmony.
I'd go for an ordinary one such as the Marmitek - it won't need emitters.

Hi Logi and fellow members,

I just wanted to confirm that any ir extender will work with my harmony touch?

My situation is as follows. I recently set up my first home cinema and bought a new entertainment unit. I also bought the harmony touch remote control. Long story short I've had to relocate some of my equipment behind closed cabinet doors. On reflection I probably should have bought the harmony ultimate.

I've looked up buying the harmony hub separately but it's quite expensive. Any advice on a suitable ir extender either with wires or wireless, preferably powered by usb. I have 4 devices.

Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated. Apologies if this may have been answered in other threads.

Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete.
"Any IR Extender will work with any Harmony"!

Hi Pete.
"Any IR Extender will work with any Harmony"!

Sorry Logi, I had a feeling you might curse me a bit. I was just making sure as I had read elsewhere that it is possible to have some problems. I just wanted to double check as I will be placing an order tomorrow. Thanks for answering what was an already answered question! : ) Enjoy the weekend.

Thanks IP and no worries - no cursing involved!
Better to be safe than sorry.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom