1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IR relay oddity

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by johnr2000, Jun 21, 2004.

1. johnr2000

johnr2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if anyone has had a simalar experience to this. I made my own IR relay system for a small multi room av install. The IR sensors are a TTL output type and these feed open drain circuits and are connected to the same bus. The bus goes into a piece of electronics which gates the signal with a 38kHz IR carrier oscillator for the IR emitters attached to the various pieces of equipment. All works well apart from a very annoying problem. The panasonic skybox works from it's own handset or the pronto handset codes via the sensors only when the sun is shining! This may sound ridiculous but it is true. We couln't work out why it worked one minute and not the next. Fortunaltely we were there on a day when the sun was coming out and going in quite a lot.....we suddenly realised the connection. The frustration for us is that the job is quite a long distance from us and we didn't have the oscilloscope to look at the sensor outputs last time were were there. Several other items of equipment work well - regardless of the weather! Has anyone got any ideas? I would have thought that the sunlight would have hindered rather than help IR operation.
    Thanks in advance for any help receieved.