1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IR Reciever / wireless sender

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by gilesm, Nov 30, 2004.

1. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dear all

Just working on a project to conceal all my kit into a cupboard in a different room. I need to control all the kit via IR so have been looking at distribution amps etc. All the backend is now sorted with an splitter from Xantech, the only problem is I'm trying to sort out the reciever at the moment.

Ideally I don't really want a hardwired reciever, and so far the only woreless ones I've seen have been Keene's Powermid, and LetAutomate's DigiEye, which for both of them I've seen mixed reviews.

I need to transmit initially about 5m through 2 studded walls, but further on down the line I want to extend it to use it from a different floor as well (to control Zone 2). Anyone have any experiences with these? Are there othersw out there?

Cheers

2. stevebez

stevebez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have used Zantech initally to control my kit thats in a fanned closet. Now I have moved onto a Home Theatre Master MX850 and MRF250 wireless set-up with IR blinkers.

Bit of a bugger to set-up but when set-up it works like a charm. I can control the HT kit from the bedroom with no problems via zone 2 etc...

Very hapy with the set-up now ...

Rgds Steve