• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ir issues with arcams please help

DJMALLZ

hello guys
i got a problem with my avr600. well i have an fmj aswell and it seems as if the remote cr102 which came with the avr is conflicting with the fmj. when i press buttons on the remote sometimes it doesn't even work.. i can see it's a universal remote but why can't i just use that remote out of the box to control the avr600?

kindly advise
cheers

Len44

Hmmm... Do you press the "Amp" button prior to attempting to control the AVR 600 with the remote? You have to do this each time...

Good Luck!

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
The remote has a set of buttons for selecting the input device and simultaneously setting the remote to control the device just selected. [An exception is the volume / mute, which defaults to controlling the amp but can be reconfigured to control the source device (see manual)]. To control the amp's other functions, you need to press the Amp button to switch the remote back to the amplifier mode.

Sometimes it is convenient to control a device without switching the input. To do this, press the Shift key prior to pressing the source selection button. The opposite is not possible, it being assumed that selecting a source will necessarily require subsequent operations on that source.

DJMALLZ

The remote has a set of buttons for selecting the input device and simultaneously setting the remote to control the device just selected. [An exception is the volume / mute, which defaults to controlling the amp but can be reconfigured to control the source device (see manual)]. To control the amp's other functions, you need to press the Amp button to switch the remote back to the amplifier mode.

Sometimes it is convenient to control a device without switching the input. To do this, press the Shift key prior to pressing the source selection button. The opposite is not possible, it being assumed that selecting a source will necessarily require subsequent operations on that source.

thanks ever so much guys
working now :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom