1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ir extender\magic eye

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by cowtipper, Aug 2, 2004.

1. cowtipper

cowtipper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys
    i have moved my sky+ version 2 box (All of my AV kit actually)to the opossite side of the room to my plasma please dont ask why just be content in knowing the WAF was high on this request.

but since the move all of my remotes work except for my sky+ so my quesiton is has anyone used an ir extender as if so whats the make and model please

also my main idea is buying one of these magic eyes running a piece of co-ax around the living room and sticking the magic eye upside down underneath the plasma problem solved in theory but i have spoken to a few peeps about whether these magic eyes work on sky+ and nobody seems able to give me a straight answer has anone here got this config as if so whats the make and model please

can anyone comment :lease:

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my experience, plasma screen pump out interference that can stop a remote extender from working reliably, so the last thing you should do it place it within a metre of a screen!

Also, some SKY+ Digiboxes are fussy about the cable length from RF Output 2 so leave it fairly long and cut it shorter if it gives problems. It should be double-shielded coax, of course. Apart from those considerations, all the usual Sky compatible remote extenders work with the SKY+ Digibox. Quite a big selection here.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Or make up a an IR blaster system, I USE QED roomlink for systems with all the kit in a cupboard. or there is a homeautomation site "letsautomate"???? that sell the bits. IR receiver amp and a flood emitter etc. VERY WAF!

4. cowtipper

cowtipper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whats an IR blaster system ?

5. cowtipper

cowtipper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that Fernsehman i think i will go for the £12.999 as that is the one the site reccomends adn see how it goes