IR Emitter Input/IR Receiver

beefio

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I've got a Cambridge Audio 650a which has an 'IR Emitter Input' on the rear and I want to use this in order to control the amp while it is out of sight.

Can anyone point me to a cheap IR Receiver that will definitely work with this?

Many thanks

Stuart

Stuart,
Whilst some of the IR emitter inputs are dedicated, you should be able to use something like KEENE Electronics.
IR Distribution
I use my KEENE in one room, with a 10metre 3.5mm jack lead I made from the room to where my kit is. The long cable connects into the distribution box. Now, normally I would use the IR extenders provided by KEENE from the distribution box and blue tak to the front of the device. You could try a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack 1 metre (or however long you need) cable into the back of the device.

Other units, like my Pioneer work by daisy chaining between, for example the Pioneer TV, to the Pioneer Blu Ray player. That would not require a KEENE distribution unit, just various lengths of 3.5mm jack (mono) cable between the devices.
Let me know if this might do the job?
Incidentally there are some very smart IR "extenders" and distributors out there, such as, for example the One For All NEVO (URC 11-8800) which offer smarter ways of doing the same thing allowing you to use iPAD apps. Take a look and see if this might interest you too. Tablet remote - URC 8800 | One For All | United Kingdom
You can find it cheaper on Amazon. I've just got one, and intend to have a go and see if it offers more flexibility, but my KEENE one (as per the first link above) has been operating fine for many years.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Have you thought about buying the whole kit so you aren't limiting yourself? I bought a pro signal one off ebay for about £40, this included everything you would need, the receiver, the hub and some IR emitters (I think 2).

Works a dream

Pro Signal IR Repeater Kit PSG03190 | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom