IR control of centralised rack

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by quentinrayner, Aug 13, 2018.

1. quentinrayner

quentinrayner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Really hoping someone can feel with an issue I wish I had planned better for!

I have a centralised rack of AV equipment, including a Sky Q 2tb and a Sky Q mini. With multiple TVs I want to control the kit room each room. I have 4 X cat 6 cable points at each location running back to the rack but not much else.

I have a hdmi matrix to distribute video and audio which works well.

I was thinking if using Keene's products but just seen they are being liquidated! The added complication is I want some TVs to view the main sky q box, whilst others the mini and as they both respond to the same ir commands am not sure how to handle that?

Thx

2. simon123

simon123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Control4 will handle this very easily.

3. dar2005

dar2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    The KIRAQ from Keene would handle this for you, though you'd need two, one for each SkyQ box.

Hadn't heard about them being liquidated,... that's sad if it's the case. I've always found their kit to be solidly build and reliable.

4. DLPMaybe

DLPMaybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I have the same setup. If you want any sky box in any room you’lol need the Keene box (maybe second hand). If you compromise and have sky boxes for groups of rooms (main box living room+Kitchen, mini box bedroom etc) this can be achieved using multiple harmony hubs with each hub outputting the ir through an emitter takes to the box it controls. The latter is what I’ve done and it works flawlessly.