IR πƒπžπ―π’πœπž similar to Control 4 controller

cgingras

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for an IR πƒπžπ―π’πœπž, like the broadlink rm pro, that I can program certain commands that only go to 1 mini IR blaster. For example, I have 2 AV receivers and my commands right now go to both units and causes confusion. I want to attach an IR blaster to each receiver so I can send commands only to receiver 1 without affecting receiver 2 and vice versa. I’m waiting on some blasters and I’m going to try to use my harmony hub to do this but I have to place the hub in a spot that will likely send signals to my receivers because I need to control some other devices as well.
I have some experience with control 4 and I like the way you can define which IR blaster output is mapped to specific devices instead of free for all.
Hope you guys have some ideas.

It was my understanding the Harmony Hub devices can already do what you want. You can select specific ports for the IR to be emitted from.

As an alternative depending on the amp you might be able to change the IR set to an alternative one. My Yamaha's have an alternative code set's

Try with the hub first though :)

Which AVR do you have as harmony can also control devices via IP if they have that option

Which AVR do you have as harmony can also control devices via IP if they have that option

I moved some components around to change my setup a bit. But now I have a slightly different issue. I have a marantz receiver from about 4 years ago, sr6010 model. I previously had 2 Onkyo receivers side by side. Now my struggle is to turn the volume up on zone 2 only from my harmony remote and then finally by using Alexa commands.

what I’m shooting for is an Alexa enabled system where I can play music in my living room separate from my deck or also combine the two zones. I can play music now in both zones but I can’t turn the volume up on zone 2 now unless I go inside and use the marantz remote.

With the harmony app you may have to learn the commands from the remote for zone 2 if they aren’t there as default

With the harmony app you may have to learn the commands from the remote for zone 2 if they aren’t there as default
I’ve done that so the commands are learned but I’m not a fan of having to create everything as an activity. I just want to create a routine that mimics me pushing the volume up button 5 times, but the Harmony app always sets the first step as power on of a device and that screws it all up. I love the way the broadlink device passes commands through to Alexa by creating scenes and routines in broadlink. I want that same feature with harmony, but I can’t find a way to do that.

I think that option may not be on the phone app, use the windows app as definitely there plus other useful tools

If I get chance I’ll have a proper look on mine today and send you some screenshots

Windows App

Defining if a device is controlled by the hub or a mini blaster

SETTINGS --- Hub Assignments

1593949007522.png

Power Options

DEVICES --- Change Device Settings --- Power Settings

1593949233991.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom