iptv and internet from the same port

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the router Baudtec tw263r4-a2 and also I have a set top box for iptv, which is connected to the router via homeplugs.

With this router i can access internet connection only with the 3 first ethernet ports and port4 is only for the set top box.

So, I want to know if it is possible to use the same port for internet and set top box.

I want to do this: router-homeplug1-homeplug2-ethernet switch-a) set top box, b) laptop, c)ps3

Try it without buying a switch first. Connect the computer into the Homeplug, instead of the TV set top box. Does the Internet work?

The way you already mentioned it. Connect a network switch to the Homeplug next to your TV.

This can't be done, because port1, port2 and port3 are only for internet connection (they don't work with set top box) and port4 is only for set top box (it doesn't work for internet connection).

That's why i wonder if there is a way to use the same port for internet connection and set top box

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
That's strange, they must have done that to ensure PCs downloading crap off the Internet don't interfere with the streaming of TV programs.

I have never seen the router before or ever heard of the maker of it before.

If you do speak Greek have a look here and may be give them a call on Monday.

Try it without buying a switch first. Connect the computer into the Homeplug, instead of the TV set top box. Does the Internet work?

If I switch the ethernet cable from port4 (which is only for set top box) to port1, port2, or port3, the internet work.

And the set top box does not work when connected to ports 1-3? Try powering off and on again the router and set top box after hooking it up to port 1.

1. And the set top box does not work when connected to ports 1-3? 2.Try powering off and on again the router and set top box after hooking it up to port 1.

1. no, it doesn' t work.
2. it doesn't work neither

If i buy two ethernet switches will work?

So, i will have: router-ethernet switch-homeplug1-homeplug2-ethernet switch-a) set top box, b) laptop, c)ps3

That depends on "their" setup. The restriction of IPTV only working via the 1 port on the router is something they did on purpose, on a normal router all ports would offer all services.

If i buy two ethernet switches will work?

So, i will have: router-ethernet switch-homeplug1-homeplug2-ethernet switch-a) set top box, b) laptop, c)ps3
You could try that. In order to prevent the computer/PS3 picking up the IP address intended for the IPTV service connect the settop box first and the others only once TV is working.
On a more permanent basis you can then set IP, subnet, DNs and gateway addresses on the PS3 and computer manually - so they don't try to take over the IPTV address next time there is a power cut.

Last edited:
This will only work if IPTV and Internet are on different subnets. What are the IP addresses of the IPTV box and computer when connected?

- Click Start and type network.
- Pick Network and Sharing Centre from the list.
- Click Local Area Connection on the right, followed by Details

Find the IPv4 Address (4th item in the list).

Repeat the process with the computer connected to one of the Internet ports and then to the IPTV port.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom