iprontopro ng ru980 out in April

A

andyd1179

I was looking around for the new IprontoPro NG RU980 and the cheapest price and across this company called The Art Of Connection. They are selling the remote for £600.50 till the end of April. The normal price seems to be £639 - £649, If any one is looking to upgrade, I would visit this site (I have got stuff from them in the pass). The web address is The Art Of Connection

Andy:hiya:

Has anyone bought from them though? The only phone number they give is a mobile which they say "will only accept calls in an emergency or for personal reasons". Doesn't fill me with confidence.....

Judging from there prices for the B&W NG it might appear cheaper else where when it's released. If I fail to find one in the states next week I might wait to see how the UK prices do as it's not that long till the release.

I just thought I'd mention I bought an iPronto from someone on Ebay in Germany for not a lot more than this price. I was waiting for the RU980 but my patience ran out, especially as the TSU7000 has been available for ages in the US.

The iPronto is the best remote I've ever used, very reliable so far.

Regarding your US search, I believe the TSU7000 is the equivalent US model that was recently being sold on these forums.
The TSU3000 is the B&W version.

Steve.

Just found out QED are doing them for £506.86 link.... me runs looking for credit card :clap:

was going to say QED are have got them a shade over £500, or you can import one for a little over £400

Including tax & shipping I figured about £470 for the TSU7000, which isn't far off the QED price of a proper UK model with 'legal' RF freq. ;)

Hmmm... well if I don't spot one cheap in Salt Lake next week I think QED might be getting a call... :)

I have just taken delivery via UPS of a TSU-7000 from the States.

Cost was £412 including postage and packaging. Did not pay any VAT or import duty.

Surprised if the UK will be a cheap as that. As for the RF extender, I don't need one so its not a problem.

Phil

You may get stung yet from ups

I had a bill two weeks after a delivery. :mad:

Thats possible, but as the remote had a value on the box of $10. I would seriously doubt they will even bother. I have heard of one supplier putting value of 1 cent on the box for a UK delivery.

in response to the RF unit, you can just buy a UK RF unit and not the ones from the states.

And yes it works out at £410 inc shipping!!

Sorry,but im sure the RF frequency is different in the states!!(?)so you have to match them from same country.
I also just got the pronto NG +the RF extender for £436 including shipping,although this was shipped to me in vegas while i was on holiday!!
I got mine from planetminidisc.com who i'm told will mark any imports as only $1!!!(please dont blame me if they dont:eek: )
All i have got to do is try to work out how to bloody use it now:confused: :D :D

Just to let everyone know I got my new ProntoPro Ru980 during the week, and it is great. been having a good play around with it and there is some great features that I didn't relise it had like:

when you pick it up it automatically starts up.

There are so many displays that are easy to see.

You can download different coloured displays.

And loads more!

I bought it through The Art Of Connection and I have to say they are realy good, they kept me up to date as to when I would get the remote and they never took my money until they delivered it to me. If anyone is interested in this remote visit The Art Of Connection. Has anyone else bought this remote yet?

Had mine for a couple of months now and really like it.

just been looking over the CCF's available at www.remotecentral.com and i really really want one now!!

homethx & mjn - Just had a very interesting email from the "Art of Connection" regarding the supply of the new RU980 and the fact that QED-UK are advertising the remote at just over £500.

The email read as follows.

Thank you for your recent email. I have looked into your inquiry with interest and have spoken to Philips direct in Belgium. QED-UK are not able to purchase the remote directly from Philips as this is what their customers services say when you contact them.infact Philips tried to purchase a remote from them and they were told that they could not get hold of them. There is only two companies that are the sole providers of the pronto Philips range and they would not be able to sell at the price that QED-UK are offering to their customers. The price we have advertised is well within the price that Philips will allow us to sell at. The item is on a introductory offer for a limited time. The price is £600.50 till the end of April then it will go up to the recommended price of £639.99 (QED-UK say the that high street price is £749.99). If you can get this item from them at the price that they say, and within the 14 day period, then I would go for it, as we could not offer better, but we have 10 devices that are available at the moment from our supplier and we can pre-order from them, guaranteeing you a remote control. The current date for delivery to our supplier is 14th April. there has been some stock already sent in and we had a customer pre-order and has had his remote delivered to him. I can not offer you any more information, but if you have any questions then please come back to me.

To add to this statement, just be weary of the fact that QED-UK debit your credit Card immediately upon order, therefore they could have you money indefinately. Ordinarily I would say QED-UK are okay as I have ordered from them in the past with no proplems. In this case I do smell a Rat though.

andyd1179 - This is interesting! You don't happen to work for the "Art of Connection" do you? It's just the guy I have been speaking to was called "Andy Dubreuil".

Anyway, I have ordered the RU980 from them tonight so I guess I am another Guinea Pig. I'll keep you all updated as to whether or not they are legitimate.

Regards, ;)

Yeah but like case in point PC world sell stuff not even available in this country , who knows how they get them probably get from Europe and cut out rip of British prices.

anyway i would'nt even buy for £600 not when you can import from good old USA.

Okay, for those that want to buy a new RU980 or in fact any item which "The Art of Connection" stock or are advertising I can provide the following comments.

Having spoken at some length with one of the Partners of the company he came across very well indeed. He did in fact seem to say the right thing to allay any fears that I was having with regard to placing an order with them, particularly for £600.

The company was courteous, informative and very helpful. I asked why there was only a mobile contact number to which they confirmed that they are a mail order company. Automation is the key to a successful mail order company and as the company is relatively new having overheads such as someone sitting at the end of a phone to answer queries was not at this time cost effective. The company is growing and providing the company does grow it will no doubt in the future have such contact numbers. In fact I emailed the TAoC from my company and they eagerly tracked me down by telephoning me to discuss any issues I might have. I was then given a contact telephone number should I have a problem. The Personal touch is the key here and seems to be what this company is based on, which is comforting to say the least.

Anyway, I have received regular updates as to what is happening with my order, both through email and phone. I was not expecting the goods to arrive so quickly as Philips had intimated that the next batch of RU980's would not be available until the 14 April 2004. However, I have received both an email and a telephone call confirming that the goods have arrived and will be shipped today, by "Parcel Force" nonetheless, (my preferred courier by far) and I will receive the goods on Thursday. It's not next day but I'm not in to take delivery until Thursday anyway.

All I can say is that my personal experience has been very good, it's a shame they do not stock more items in terms of AV equipment as I certainly would speak with them again. They are not the cheapest I suspect, but at least they can get hold of the goods and do not advertise stock at low prices to gain orders then not ship the item because they cannot be sure when they get them.

Very good service.

Just thought you all might like to know that. As for buying from the States I'm not sure what the International Warranties are like so I prefer the support sometimes over the price.
:smashin:

Lets just wait to see if it arrives as promised. :)

Do I really need to comment on PC World...I think not. :)

lets automate have them in stock for £650 look at this statement from the lets automate web site

Please note our RU980 ProntoProNG units are genuine Philip's UK stock, and we are an Approved Philip's Internet Retailer. Our units have full Philip's 1 year warranty. Note that we are currently the ONLY EUROPEAN company to have any stock. Other sites may offer the RU980, but it is easy to offer something "cheap", but never be able to supply it!

i'd like to know how The Art Of Connection got hold of them.

just found out QED have so far suppled costumers with this product :lesson:

Mike from www.letsautomate.com here. I would just like to comment of the last post, which took a statement off our website.

Whilst the UK is the only country in Europe to have got any stock of the RU980 we were mistaken that we were the only company in the UK to get any! I basically misread the e-mail I got from Philips.

There are two distributors of the RU980 and we are one of them. The other distributor also got some stock at the same time as us.

I can confirm that The Art of Connection have access to legitimate UK stock.

We have now changed the comment on our site to:
Please note our RU980 ProntoProNG units are genuine Philips UK stock, and we are an Approved Philips Internet Retailer. Our units are sourced direct from Philips UK, and have full Philips 1 year warranty.

Andy from The Art Of Connection. Just to confirm what Mike is saying, we are a company that is part of SafeBuy/TrustUK scheme and we have a good working relationship with Lets Automate and have no disagreements between us as made out by other people. On behalf of The Art Of Connection & Lets Automate we hope that members of this forum enjoy the products that we are able to supply.

just found out QED have so far suppled costumers with this product :lesson:

homethx - What does that actually mean? Did you miss a "zero" between "supplied" and "customers"? ;)

Well, it arrived as promised. Impressive piece of kit. :)

Attachments

• ru980.jpg
    ru980.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 197
from the art of connection?

Originally posted by mjn
from the art of connection?

Yep. Door to door. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom