1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jenic, Dec 10, 2004.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    From my name you may have guessed that i like ipod's.

So lets get this sorted

In my opinion after looking and listening and using many different mp3 players, nothing can beat the ipod.

Sure, it has some bad points but all you have to do is where the little white earphones and suddenly you feel like the richest guy on earth!

:thumbsup:

2. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    If you voted no please say why and what u have got!!!

:smashin:

3. No-One

No-One

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Here's my story then. I was looking for something to replace my growing collection of minidiscs. Wanted to do without the hassle of swapping discs etc. Aftera lot of nagging by my mate I bought a 4th gen 20 gig iPod on Wednesday. It arrived yesterday and I've already RMAed it even though there's no defect. Basically when it comes to audio players, that's all I'm bothered about. The audio. Couldn't give a toss what it looks like etc. I mean it's going to spend 90% of its life in your pocket where nobody will see it. As for the audio characteristics it's not even close to matching my minidisc. I'm mainly into dance/trance music. The iPod seems relatively hopeless when it comes to bass. So dull and flat. When I plug the same Sony earphones into my minidisc player I have to turn the bass down so that my head doesn't feel like it's about to explode. I may try the iRiver as I've heard it's supposed to have a more consistent frequency output. But I may just stay with minidisc after all.

4. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    I must admit the ipod is not the loudest mp3 player :blush: but there are eq settings to set up your ipod for dance music!

5. No-One

No-One

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Tried all that. It just seemed to turn any bassy beat into a distorted mush. The company I ordered it from have agreed to take it back for a refund now.

6. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I preferred the sound quality from the iRiver H140 when I did a comparison with a friend's 4G iPod [all my encoding is LAME+EAC @ VBR]. I don't even use the radio on mine but it has more features than the iPod as well. The remote is fantastic BTW!

7. dmpoole

dmpoole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I had an IPOD until I saw my mates Archos Multimedia Jukebox 120 and I had to have one.

8. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    ipod doesnt make a scratch on the iriver H320/340 features which cost very slightly more but can play videos/pics along with being a USB1 host for downloading digi camera pics. More functional and better battery life. Also got a nicer/cheaper remote.

9. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got an iPod, and I like it, but it's far from perfect. The software is flakey, and the buld quality isn't the greatest. On top of that, it marks very easily.

10. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    i have a mini and know someone with a 4th gen and the build quality is excellent, plus i know the mini is scrathless because i have had mine since the uk release and has been used daily, if you wanted to scrath it you would have to do it on purpose.

Plus, should we compare it with an unstilish portable video player, all the things an ipod isn't :mad:

11. LinkinRuss

LinkinRuss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    the 4th gen ipods tend to sratch very easily, due to the fact that it has that silver backin case. Im not sure bout the mini cos there wrapped in the all round casing which i think is scratch proof or resistence (thats wot the guy told me at the apple store). another problem for me is that the 4th gen tend to crash alot, ive had to return mine twice due to this.