1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod/Zen Micro - Transmit on FM frequancy?? Advice please...

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by magic_hat, Mar 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. magic_hat

magic_hat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all...

New to the forums, looking for a bit of advice please.

I want to be able to play music through the radio in my car - I know i can do this by purchasing a mini iPod and PodGear car thing that translits my mp3s on the ipod at an FM frequancy that can then be picked up by my car radio.

Does anyone know if there is the same kind of tool that i could buy for a creative zen Micro?

I would prefer a zen to an iPod, but need to be able to play it in the car.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

2. jmbrailsford

jmbrailsford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I have an FM transmitter that I used for my iRiver mp3 player and it works great.

All you do is plug it into either the headphone socket or line out socket on mp3 player and then tune your radio to the frequency that you set on the transmitter, simple.

Works off AA batteries and will last for approx 150 hours off each set.

Got it off ebay last year and is now lying in glove box as no longer required having bought an mp3/cd player for car.

It's this one - http://www.broadcastwarehouse.com/p/BW/FM-Transmitters/LineX-FM-transmitter?pid=136

:smashin:

3. magic_hat

magic_hat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

I'm not very knowledgable about all this sort of stuff...

I originally thought that it was only iPods and things like that that could be used to transmit to your car radio.

I didn't realise that you could buy generic transmitters that slot into the headphone jack of most mp3 players.

Thanks - i won't have to spend as much money as i thought!!! Hooray!