ipod wired...

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Les E, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have a Sony MD/CD Changer with a front loading CD/Tape player as well as well RDS Radio.

However I want my ipod going directly into the unit and I am wondering what kind of cable I would require to go directly into the CD Changer port at the back of the system (if this at all possible).

It seems a simple enough enough idea, but not too sure on the cabling or connections.

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
  3. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for the link.

However is there a simple cable I can have from the phones socket on the ipod to the in socket on the Sony unit?

Just seems quite excessive for one cable really.

4. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to sacrifice you CD changer and cable, if you can isolate the line in feed from the cd changer to the head unit, you can wire in a headphone lead to the ipod.

All you then do is press the 'source' button, the head unit will switch over to the changer and you will hear your Ipod.

Alternatively (and more sensible) www.caraudiodirect.co.uk do a cable (£29.99) that connects to the cd changer socket of the head unit and gives you an aux in for the Ipod. However, this will get rid of the CD changer altogether.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/index.php?cPath=73_737&cadid=e14fecca6e60a8ecb65300f10f608f37