1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod & Windows Compatibility

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by nickw22000, May 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. nickw22000

nickw22000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an iPod, which run with iTunes on my slightly dated pc with Windows 2000. My neighbour asked me about MP3 players for her son, and I showed her my iPod, told her I liked it, so she bought an iPod mini for her boy. She asked me to help her son load the software onto his pc which is when I found out that their pc is even older than mine, and equipped only with Windows 98.

Does anyone know whether there is a way that iTunes and iPod drivers can be used with W98? I know that there are no USB drivers with W98, and if that is the only problem, I have them and can load them.

Thanks.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,745
    I'm pretty sure iTunes is only available for Windows XP and Windows 2000. I wonder if windows media player on windows 98 will connect to the iPod ?

3. ratbert

ratbert
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

A quick look on the UK apple website shows itunes is only for win 2000 or XP :thumbsdow so it's upgrade time :smashin:

4. nickw22000

nickw22000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks ratbert and johng. I've found the official W2000 and XP answers as well, I was hoping that someone might come out of the woodwork who had solved a similar problem with a bit of string and some chewing gum, or something. I'm going to try the USB drivers install in case that is the main restriction with W98, and I'll try to install the iPod drivers only to see if I can use Media Player.

Cheers.....

5. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105