• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ipod Will Not Connect Online

mattyn

Standard Member
My lads Ipod Touch 4th Generation will not connect to the net when at my house though it does on other wireless networks, namely his mothers.

At mine, the ipod is showing as connected in my router clients page, with its MAC address showing. However, within the Wifi settings, my wifi connection is not ticked, with the rotator constantly rotating. The Ip address showing on the ipod is completely different to the one showing on the router client page.

Also, he has a restriction passcode set up, but cannot access this, but assures me this ipod goes online at his mothers?

Thoughts? He is getting stressed as he cannot play Fifa on it!

TIA

Warpaint

Try rebooting the broadband router (power it off then on again)
This sometimes helps.
It might be worth going into the ipod wifi settings and 'forget this network' for your house's wifi network. Connect again and input the passcode carefully.

just some things to try.
Hopefully the router reboot will be all you need to do. Sometimes the ipod and the router will both show they are connected but still not work.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom