Ipod Wedding!

G

geoff1234

Hi there,

I'm getting married later in the year and instead of getting a dj in to play The Birdie Song and Raining Men, I thought I'd do a big playlist myself from my Ipod. Has anyone got any advice on the best speakers to use for this purpose. The room for the music is about 30 by 50 foot so its not huge. Would a single unit be good/loud enough you reckon, or would I need some 'proper' speakers. Any help much appreciated.

Maidenpriest

Novice Member
And i bet you no one gets up to dance! i dont think the ipod is capable of encouraging people to have a good time! and take requests but best of luck anyway!!!!;)

Toasty

Distinguished Member
You will still need a decent amp and speakers to get the desired affect. Do you have access to these? If not you could hire a PA system for the night which will provide everything you need.

higenbs1

Novice Member
Did a similar thing last year for my wedding, only used a laptop and WMP. If you want any sort of volume though, you'll definately need the full DJ rig (full range speakers/amp)

kevH

Novice Member
Dont get married at all it'll all end in tears !!!!!!:rotfl:

G

geoff1234

Cheers for the advice, anyone know a good place to hire dj stuff from in London area?

inertia

Novice Member
I thought about doing this for my wedding. Got a DJ in the end.
Didn't even notice Tina Turner/Gloria Gaynor et al in the end, as you tend to spend the evening chatting/drinking anyway. Most people will dance to anything once they have a few drinks inside them. Just give the DJ a list of stuff you hate, rather than stuff you like. Much easier !

Top Bottom