iPod Vs Everything else

H

Hardcore iPod

I posted a while back because i was having trouble with my Nano, anyway they replaced it and the same thing happened. The battery died so i put it on charge, it made an awful smell, was boiling hot and then died.

Just to re-cap, this has happened twice.

My question is, is my iPod worth getting fixed? Ive only ever had 2 and they have both died.

If not does anyone know of anything else thats good out there?

Id like something thats 30GB and that can play video's, my price range is £200 - 300.

Im not so experienced when it comes to this stuff so any help would be nice.

:thumbsup: Thanks.

Dave

Distinguished Member
It's a shame you've had a bad experience.:(

If you're willing to give the ipod another chance you'll struggle to beat the 30 gig video ipod.

I've had my 60 gig video since they launched and never had any trouble with it.:thumbsup:

Gadgetgeezer

Standard Member
You can buy replacement Nano batteries and a fitting kit from Maplin Electronics for £20 (25% higher capacity too). If you are skilled, I would recommend giving it a try before you bin it!!!

The kit looks quite good - have seen them in Maplin Southampton, although they make it clear that fitting is difficult and fiddly.

Cheers

Spencer

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Hardcore iPod said:
Id like something thats 30GB and that can play video's, my price range is £200 - 300.
30GB and good at playing videos? Then consider the Creative Zen Vision M, it's won numerous awards and many reviews place it better than the 30GB iPod for overall features.

Here's the official website.

rich_jtg

You could also consider the Archos gmini 500 player (not recorder). They are £179 (under budget), and are great screen for watching videos. Only down side is size, but life is full of compromises! :)

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Tejstar said:
30GB and good at playing videos? Then consider the Creative Zen Vision M, it's won numerous awards and many reviews place it better than the 30GB iPod for overall features.

Here's the official website.

I'll second that, bought one for the wife at the weekend, can't fault it, very impressed (can be had for around £190 online), so much I'm thinking of buying one for myself, so I don't have to keep borrowing hers:)

extremelydodgy

Having the same thing happen twice does point to issues with your system. Do other USB-charging devices work OK? Also, why not go for third time lucky - it's not going to cost you anything.

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I'll throw the iAudio X5 range into the mix... amazing mp3 players.

I wont list the features as I'd be here all day but you can check here

Plenty of good reviews online too. There's also the M5 range if you're not bothered about a colour screen.

I would never go back to an iPod after owning one but that's just me.... ones man's trash is another man's treasure as they say.

M

mrjohnfernandez

the best thing about iPods is the fact that if something goes wrong with them, take them to any Apple dealership and they'll swap it straight over. it's in their warranty.

plus they still look the daddy... and I still prefer the user interface to any other that I've used...