IPod - Video space restricted?

kosciosco

Standard Member
Hi there,

Am looking to buy a portable media player, mainly for video. All the reviews I have seen suggest that the IPod 5.5 is best for Video, although I was sorely tempted by the IAudio X5L, but the 15 frames per second and clunky search put me off.

The only question I have now is whether to go for the 30Gb or the 80Gb?

Someone has told me that the space allocated to video on the Ipod is the same on both - does anyone know if this is correct?

I would also be interested to know if anyone has a different opinion on whether there is a better player for video?

Thanks

K

samjpullen

Well so far i only have 11gb of Music but i have about 24gb of Video :)

So it would seem like you have been given duff information.

I have the complete season 1-5 of Futurama, 1-5 Family guy, Some Simpsons and about 10-12 movies on it so far.

lazymatt

I would also be interested to know if anyone has a different opinion on whether there is a better player for video?

Thanks

K

I reckon as a video player the iPod is severely limited. It's fine for watching the occasional episode of Futurama on the bus, but if you're really interested in the video side of things, I'd look at the Creative PMP, or a PSP.

samjpullen

I reckon as a video player the iPod is severely limited. It's fine for watching the occasional episode of Futurama on the bus, but if you're really interested in the video side of things, I'd look at the Creative PMP, or a PSP.
The PSP is a good idea but its a pain not having access to a large amount at one go, the 4gb sticks are a bit of a pain in the arse if you ask me.

The Creative PMP on the other hand is rather nice, but its a bit big at the same time.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom