ipod usb power adaptor works on touch ???

Meridius

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all i was woundering if the ipod usb power adaptor works with the ipod touch as it does not say on the box when i looked at it.

so has anyone used one with the ipod touch??? and if it does work i have herd these ipod usb power adaptor charge the ipod faster is this true will it not burn it out the battery i mean can it cause charging problems?

also can you use a ipod usb power adaptor with a ipod touch dock ???

thanks for any help

Do you mean the official Apple adaptor? If so then yes it works with the Touch, I had an adaptor bought via eBay and that was fine with my old Nano but whilst it would charge my Touch it would get very hot together with the smell of burning electronics! :thumbsdow

so basicly it charges it but burns out your ipod touch ??? so it does not work with it then i am looking at an apple version of the plug but why have apple not yet release one that works with the ipod touch ?? what what about the docking charging with the plug

was yours this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-APPLE...Z002QQcategoryZ124270QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

or this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=150198091747&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

as the boxes are diffrent so might be slighty diffrent versions

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
The burning smell was coming from the adaptor not the Touch, I bought the Apple AV cable and that came with an adaptor and the box does mention the Touch. I am sure that other adaptors are fine it's just the one that I had clearly isn't.

ok thanks

so can you plug these into a dock and then place the ipod touch on the dock and charge it from a plug ???

how much faster is it at charging the touch from the plug over the usb pc

So i assume the touch dose not ship with a mains charger? If so that is rediculouse! What about when you are on holiday and nowhere nere a PC? Thank god for fleabay as i would be well peaved if a had to pay £24 JUST to charge from the mains! Are there any cheaper alternatives, as i begrudge paying any extra for that privalege?

Andy.

The Touch doesn't come with a PSU, there are are lots of adaptors available from eBay but I am concerned about there safety.

I see Maplin sell a 1amp PSU for around £10 that outputs to two female USB sockets, just plug the USB lead that comes with the Touch.

ok thanks

so can you plug these into a dock and then place the ipod touch on the dock and charge it from a plug ???

how much faster is it at charging the touch from the plug over the usb pc

You can either plug AV lead into the Touch or into the Apple dock (not sure about any other docks), the adaptor itself comes with a female socket so the the Touch's USB lead can be used directly.

I am not sure if it's quicker (or otherwise) to charge the battery using a PSU or USB port in the computer.

The Touch doesn't come with a PSU, there are are lots of adaptors available from eBay but I am concerned about there safety.

I see Maplin sell a 1amp PSU for around £10 that outputs to two female USB sockets, just plug the USB lead that comes with the Touch.

You can either plug AV lead into the Touch or into the Apple dock (not sure about any other docks), the adaptor itself comes with a female socket so the the Touch's USB lead can be used directly.

I am not sure if it's quicker (or otherwise) to charge the battery using a PSU or USB port in the computer.

well i have just bought one from ebay see link below and its the 100% genuine apple adaptor so it should be ok now all i need is a ipod ouch dock

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=150198091747&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

also buying some of these to you get them with the harddrive versions of the ipod but not the touch which i am suprised ?

link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=170180831323&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
HMV do one that also includes foreign adapters, for £15-it works fine with the iTouch.:thumbsup:

None of the iPod's come with mains adaptors these days - well the 30GB classic I bought for the wife in June and the 8GB Nano she bought for me for Christmas didn't come with one.

Although most of the time we just charge up from the PC, thankfully we both owned iPod Mini's before our latest upgrades and the mains power adaptors from those work just fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom