iPod Touch

Golliwogg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Do you think Apple would come up with one that is 64GB? Or would it be too expensive? £500+

At the moment it would probably be too expensive, but I would predict that in six months time you'll be able to get a 64GB for the current price of a 32.

There, I've said it, must check back here in six months time.

regards

Brian

I couldn't trade my ipod (5th Gen Video, 60gb) in for any other (well, except an 80gb or 160gb Classic) cos everything else is too small capacity wise, but if I could get a 64gb Touch, I would buy it in a heartbeat! I've borrowed a 16gb touch for the past week from a mate to play with, and it's SUPERB! Such a great bit of kit, but it just doesn't have enough storage! Nor the 32gb!

Course, it would be EXPENSIVE, too expensive for me! Thats why I waited for the 6th Gen to come out before I bought a 5th Gen second hand, which I think I got for about £85?

If only Apple put a 160GB hard drive in the Touch...

I purchased my iPod Classic 160GB last september (with my MacBook Pro as part of the 'Back to School' promotion) and was deliberating between the Touch and Classic as an upgrade from my trusty 40GB 3rd gen iPod.

However, I am tempted to pick up a second hand iPhone when the new one comes out though to get the features of the touch such as web browsing.

If only Apple put a 160GB hard drive in the Touch...

My thoughts exactlly! Even 64 gb would twist my arm. Baring in mind the functions of the Touch why the hell has it got such a puny capacity! My Itunes library is already 45gb and thats for the 4g one. i havnt even got any videos in it which would double it probably.:( I mean what use is an 8gb Touch? They have the tech (160gb in the Classic and thats thin) so why arent they putting it in the device thats crying out for it!

there's no huge capacity Touches as the Classics are the only one's in the range now still using a hard drive. All the others including the Touch use flash, so there's no mechanical parts, less to break, able to run with etc...

Once the price of 64Gb+ flash memory comes down, we'll see Touches with massive capacities

Could You Guys Help Me Out I Have A 4GB Blue Ipod Nano Looking To Swap For Ipod Video Plus £25 Extra And I Am Looking For A Web Site Where I Can Download Movies For Free For My iBook G4 And Hopefully A Video Ipod Thanks

there's no huge capacity Touches as the Classics are the only one's in the range now still using a hard drive. All the others including the Touch use flash, so there's no mechanical parts, less to break, able to run with etc...

Once the price of 64Gb+ flash memory comes down, we'll see Touches with massive capacities

Yes but prior to the Touch being launched, and the rebranding of the CLassic, the iPod Video (5th Gen) was the only iPod using a HDD - the Nano, shuffle and Mini all had flash drives.... In fact the iconic "iPod" itself from gen 1 though to the current 6th gen, have always been the only ones to have HDD's.....

I thought the mini's were flash?

Nope, they were released in Jan '04 as a 'smaller' iPod and used the 1" Microdrive (the other iPod in the family was the 3rd gen full sized iPod using a 1.8" HDD).

Flash based iPods weren't announced until the shuffle (Jan '05), and then the nano in Sep '05 (the mini's successor).

Well, it looks like i'll have to go classic then. To be honest ive never used my ipod on the move and ive always had it in the dock connected to my reciever so i probably wont get the benefits of the Touch, i just want one:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom