Ipod touch g2 and b&w zeppelin

killersjp

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. Are any of you new Ipod Touch 2G owners having problems with the B&W Zeppelin. When I connect my Ipod Touch 2G with the latest firmware, the Zeppelin will set the Touch brightness slider to minimum, I have tried with the autobrightness setting on and off with no difference with results.

Yeah, I've got a 2G touch and a Zeppelin and it dims the display.

Worse than that though is the buzz that comes through the system when the Touch sits properly on the dock so that the charging curcuit is connected. Drove me mad for a week, had the Zeppelin replaced and the new one was the same! :rolleyes:

At least I figured out how to stop it but not exactly top quality for a £400 speaker dock to have to have the iPod sitting wonky! If it didn't sound so much better than every other dock I've heard it would be going back for good. I rang B&W and they were like 'Hmm, we've just about given up with trying to make it work with all the iPods because Apple keep modifying them and not telling us!':eek:

Si:(

Great news. B&W Have released new firmware for the Zeppelin, Fixes dimming issue with ipod touch and 3G iphone. Get it from the B&W Zeppelin page.

Go to the B&W Zeppelin page to download your new 1.3 Firmware, Fixes Ipod Touch and Iphone problems like dimming.

and hopefully the crackle and hiss that is to be heard at the begining of tracks

hmm still getting a bit of crackle and hiss under some tracks??

maybe it the quality?? but they were d/l from itunes store

I am having the same problem with the static crackle only on some tracks. I e-maied b&w support and the zeppelin is going back for repair. Courier delivering packaging tomorrow. Will post again when resolved.

My Zepp was returned to to B&W and they sent a brand new one. Problem now resolved. Excellent servivce from B&W - if you have this problem e-mail them straight away. They even couriered a box to me for it to be returned.:thumbsup:

yea, great customer service, zep is a cool piece of kit, always get comments when people call.

Johnw0508,

Hello, I have the same crackling that you had, could you please tell me how long it was from sending the old one off to getting your replacment, please?

My crackling is like I'm hearing the inner workings of the IPOD touch (1st gen) coming through the speakers.

Thanks,
B.

i spoke to their tech dept and they sent a courier out with a brand new one for me and took the old one back the same time, i think it was only a matter of 2 days. give them a call

my problem is totally different but when i try to use my touch with the zep
the touch becomes unresponsive if i try to use the touch screen with one
finger it will refuse to work, it will not even allow me to open the ipod
with the slider and trying to access a track by pressing the screen ,the icon
will try to escape from under my finger but if i have a finger resting on the
edge of the ipod and then use another finger to open,access and play
tracks it works perfectly . its like i am earthing the ipod . i spoke to b&w
when i bought it at xmas and they said they had never heard of this
before try another ipod on it but idont know anyone else with a touch.
called in at the apple shop in the trafford centre to see they had a touch
and a zep on demo and theres worked perfectly (typical just my luck)

I have yet another different problem, when iam playing my ipod touch through the Zeppelin every now and again the volume increases by itself to the top end of the volume. Which is extemely loud,thought it might be jus my ipod but my wifes ipod nano does it to. Anyone else come across this problem. Iam taking it back to the Dealer tomorrow and they tell me they will send it back to B & W

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom