ipod Touch App Store applications crashing.

Captain Ron

I have noticed a problem with my iTouch. When I run any App Store apps they crash out to the home screen within a few seconds. I can get them working again by downloading any tiny free app from the appstore like the eBay app. Reinstalliing any app gets the rest running too. This workaround is no use however when the bug occurs and you are not in a free wifi zone with access to the app store. :( I did some research and see many people with this problem. Some clever bods have worked out that is a permissions issue with the application files and changing these permission flags stops the problem. However, in order to do this you have to install a BSD shell on the iTouch and then use a terminal package to get into the iTouch and chmod the permissions!

Has anyone found an easier way to sort this annoying problem or is it a case of wait for a firmware patch?

Captain Ron

It's a brand new G2 16GB ipod Touch with the latest 2.1.1 firmware. It is not jailbroken or modded in any way.

BEN_UK

I am having the same problem also.

Had my iPod Touch 2nd Gen 16gb for 2 weeks now been working fine.

However this more when i turned it on it wont load any apps i have downloaded ???

Music plays fine and all the apps that come with the phone work ok.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Butters

I am having the same problem also.

Had my iPod Touch 2nd Gen 16gb for 2 weeks now been working fine.

However this more when i turned it on it wont load any apps i have downloaded ???

Music plays fine and all the apps that come with the phone work ok.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
I got a new version of Itunes downloaded today - would that improve things?? v 8.1.1.10

BEN_UK

Well to fix it i dowloaded any other app and installed that, which fixed all the others :)

I have also downloaded new version of itunes.

marintia

Standard Member
Hello, I just downloaded three applications for Ipod thouch 2g from the itunes application store and the first one worked fine in the beginning, but when i added the other two apps, they all crashed! now none of them will open. Actually, at one point, the whole ipod crashed and self- reset everything! I am glad i had a backup in my computer.
any ideas?

This seems like an epidemy!

thank you very much!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom