iPod touch 6th gen issues

dsscottage

Novice Member
It's sad that I had to abandon my old iPod classic because it died. I replaced it with an iPod Touch 6th gen (iOS 12.5) and I am frustrated with it. I've looked at the manual and on line and can't figure out how to resolve two issues. My end objective is to have the ability to play (shuffle) all songs in a genre.

Here are my two issues:

First issue....
I'm finding that loading songs on to the Touch using iTunes is painful:
As an example, when I'm uploading to the iPod Touch, I'm uploading 16 files to the Touch that already has 2500 files. Here's what happens in iTunes:
  • preparing to update
  • copying 16 files (same as with old Classic)
  • copying xx of 2500 (this added step takes a very long time as it cycles through 2500 files)
Can anyone tell me how I can stop this seemingly unnecessary last step?

Second issue...
I've manually uploaded some of my library (from my computer). Every song includes title, artist and album in the metadata. When I look at the "Songs" listing on the iPod, the songs are listed by title exactly the way I want them.

44a99e4d-cd3f-4d53-8dba-90ee05ae95aa

However, when I look at any other listing (eg "Genres/Favs"), it looks like the iPod displays a list of albums each in a file folder.

6d7bdc6e-d7b3-457a-9153-37a96daa9c62

I'd like every listing to be a listing of songs not album/file folders. When I try to play some of these songs it only plays the songs in the chosen album not the entire genre. I've searched the options and the manual but can't find any way to make this happen.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom