• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ipod to Zepplin connection

charliej1

Standard Member
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I've got a B&W Zepplin (fantastic) but was annoyed that they have brought out a new one with an air play facility and upped the price to a whopping £500. Is there a bolt on gizmo that could be placed in the zepplin dock and be communicated with via my iPod touch wifi?

HSC

Hi
An apple airport express will do the trick
I picked one up for around £80 a few weeks back

You can use a 3.5mm stereo to stereo cable or a Optical mini jack cable a decent short cable will set you back another £5ish

rousetafarian

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I've got a B&W Zepplin (fantastic) but was annoyed that they have brought out a new one with an air play facility and upped the price to a whopping £500. Is there a bolt on gizmo that could be placed in the zepplin dock and be communicated with via my iPod touch wifi?

Why are you annoyed?

Streaming developments are inevitable and technology advances rapidly. Perhaps you should have considered a Sonos S5 as a viable alternative.

charliej1

Standard Member
My annoyance is not advancements in technology, it's that B&W could have brought out an upgrade for the original Zeppelin as it's not beyond the wit-of-man to design similar functionality to plug into the dock the achieve the same results.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom