Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Ipod to Stereo

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Phil S, Feb 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Phil S

Phil S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps this has been asked before but:

How can you connect a 4th generation Ipod to your home stereo. I have the 20gB version that does not come with a dock. There is a headphone socket but isn't the level on this to high for a Line level input to a stereo? Is there a cable available that plugs into the Dock port that brings out the Line out signal. The ones I've seen from Monster seem only to have a 3.5 plug on them.

2. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil, what kind of home stereo are you trying to connect it to? Is your system made up of seperates?

3. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    I have my mini connected to my denon 3803 via the additional base unit.

The mrs has her 40gb ipod connected to her tivoli via a cable from the headphone socket. Quality is not supposed to be as good as it is via the base unit but I'm just gob smacked at the sound quality of her set-up :eek: