iPod to Hi-Fi

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ashwin89, Aug 18, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ashwin89

ashwin89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm probably going to get a 30GB iPod (with video) sometime within the next week, and was wondering about connecting it to my hi-fi.

My hi-fi is a 5 year old Sony, and wasn't exactly range topping, so the connections on the back are few. All it has is an optical out (irrelevant I assume) and an input designed for a MD Player which is red and yellow (left and right).

I'm hoping that somehow I can connect it to the MD Player input, and operate as if it was one using the 'Mini-Disc' function on the hi-fi. I guess it's neccesary to buy a dock aswell...?

2. mmab9

mmab9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If its a phono connection you can plug it in to that, so Mini Jack out of ipod (witch is your head phone connection) in to your Hifi through the phono's on the back of the unit. go and buy a minijack to phono lead to do this:clap:

3. jack98

jack98

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I assume then there is no need to buy extra speakers / docking system as it sounds quite straight forward to connect to an existing hi-fi. This would seem a good way of doing it, as most hi-fi systems will have better speakers than ipod docking systems etc

4. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
  5. ashwin89

ashwin89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Alright thanks a lot, found one for £2 on the internet, so thrilled it's not gonna cost the £30 for the dock + connections, providing it works.