ipod to amp wireless

Rosenrot213

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before.. Would like to know what people are using, I would like to connect my ipod nano 6gen to my amp but want it to work wireless, but not using the cheap fm transmitter.

Something that plugs into the ipod data socket, and sends the signal wireless to a base unit that is connected to the amp.

Any ideas help appreciated.

Best way or cheapest way?

Best way, Apple TV.

Cheapest, bluetooth audio adapter for your amp, such as THIS BELKIN (or, a bit more expensive, THE QED UPLAY)

None of the above require anything to plug into the iPod data socket - with the Bluetooth devices music is sent via bluetooth, and with Apple TV, it's sent using wifi. Never heard music sent over Bluetooth, but don't from what I've read, don't expect it to be great. But probably better than FM transmitter. As for Apple TV - it sounds the same as if you plugged the iPod directly into the amp! reat bit of kit, PLUS is does video too

Thanks for that, I'm not sure my nano 6gen has bluetooth and will need something plugged in to it for it to work.

Apple tv is good idea, but it's a little ott as I only want to connect the nano, my computers are already connected to the network, and with the smart tv I can do most things.

Just like the idea of using the nano in my hand skipping tracks etc, listening to it via my amp and speakers.

Maybe the belkin device with bluetooth is the way to go.

Ah, Nano! Sorry, misread it and thought it was an iPod Touch!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom