iPod suddenly not playing large number of songs - help

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Scapegoat, Aug 24, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    iPod is now just skipping over a number of songs (both purchased and imported).

Have re-connected up to the PC for an update but no improvement.

iPod library is 17gb, but when you open the iPod in iTunes - the bottom bar says 17gb, but the graphical bar above it shows 11gB.

Any ideas on how to solve? Fairly urgent as off to the Carling festival soon and want it to work.

Thanks in anticipation

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    Hi

Assuming all the content is still in your iTunes library on the PC, and still plays OK from there, I'd do the following:-

Run the iPod updater and select the option to completely wipe the iPod, then let it sync with iTunes again.

That should solve your problem.

Steve

3. jason44mag

jason44mag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I agree with steve, but one thing i have had a few probs yesterday with itunes not writing to the ipod so i pulled the ipod out without ejecting it first via itunes (i manually update playlists so need to eject after use).

This is a major pain in the ar**, the ipod then shows error folder and wont do anything !! so you have to reinstall ipod updated and start again. :suicide:

4. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Thanks - can you give an idiots guide to how I get to this i.e. menu paths?

Also I fear 17gb over USB 1.0 might take longer than I have before I need to set off :thumbsdow

Might have to wait until Monday and just swear everytime it refuses to play a song I want :devil:

5. jason44mag

jason44mag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Hi Scapegoat

The updater is available from http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ipodupdater20060628.html

Down load this, it does take a while.

when its done make sure itunes isnt running, plug in you ipod then if the updater doesnt start automatically go to your start menu > all programs > ipod updater.

This will bring up a menu to either update your ipod software or restore your ipod go to restore.

This will bring your ipod back to factory settings & hopefully solve your probs :smashin:

Hope this helps