1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Shuffle output sound level voltage

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by avok, Mar 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. avok

avok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I am planning to connect my Ipod shuffle to a car amplifier. I need to know the minimum and maximum sound levels, should be something like 100 - 500 mV
    I don't have it yet, because of the delay on all orders so I can't measure it myself. I cannot find any specification either. Please, if you have one, tell me the values, so I can build my amplifier up front. Thanks!

2. avok

avok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello? Not such a big deal. Someone? Need help measuring the voltage? You could use mulitmeter device. Just measure at low volume then at maximum.

3. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maybe everyone's in the same boat as you - waiting for delivery?

4. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't any audio device's output depend on loading and so on? That said, it's difficult to measure it using an audio millivoltmeter to any accuracy.

Anyway, I think you'll find the output will go from nothing up to at least line level (which seems to vary from about 750mV to 1.25V depending on what reference you read), depending on volume control setting (and individual track settings too, for that matter), under typical amplifier input conditions.

Can anyone else provide an insight?