• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ipod shuffle file system/format

bluevortex

Can anybody tell me what folders there should be on the shuffle, if any? I was using itunes to load music on, but have decided to just cut/paste instead for easiness.

I have the following folders on there:

Ipod control----
Itunes
Music----
F00
F01
F02

Do i need to keep any of these folders or can i just delete them? I couldn't find a way to format the shuffle to original state.

Thanks

limegreenzx

Banned
Use the Apple ipod updater to reformat your ipod and restore to factory defaults.

You can not drag n' drop music files onto an ipod using windows explorer, you could try Anapod Explorer. But why would you want to? The F00 folders etc are the folders that your music is stored in.

bluevortex

limegreenzx said:
Use the Apple ipod updater to reformat your ipod and restore to factory defaults.

You can not drag n' drop music files onto an ipod using windows explorer, you could try Anapod Explorer. But why would you want to? The F00 folders etc are the folders that your music is stored in.

Im pretty sure you can cut and paste mp3 onto and ipod shuffle through explorer! If you can use it to transfer other files not just music how would you do that with itunes alone? can anybody confirm this is okay to do?

I dont have an ipod shuffle updater?? Im not keen on itunes TBH, its more hassle than it worth for a 512mb shuffle especially as me and the other share a computer and she uses itunes for her nano

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom