1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod & Sennheisers

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by t0by, Sep 3, 2004.

1. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm looking to get a pair of Sennheisers to go with my iPod. They obviously need to be small enough to travel with. From reading some of the threads on here, it seems that people recommend the PX 100's over the PX 200's?

Any advice that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Toby

2. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Any particular reason why they have to be Senn's? I have the senn 200's but I think the sony ex71 are better imo and more discrete!

I have the Grado RS1, Senn HD600 with upgraded cable, Senn mx500, senn 200 and sony (why so many?) I leave em at different locations :) One for travel sony, HD600 mixing music in the study. Grado in music studio and 200 at work in computer lab :)

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I've got a set of the little Sennheisers as a cheap set of phones that I wouldn't be too cross if I lost etc,and a set of Etymotic ER6 phones for serious listening....the latter are expensive over here,but the quality is excellent,fit good,and sound is also excellent....worth a look.

4. dlifred

dlifred
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have PX100s and they work very well with my iPod, and sound excellent for the price. PX200s also have a good reputation, but these are different styles of headphone. PX100s are open, so they let in lots of sound from outside, PX200s are closed and block out quite a bit of outside noise (they sound different too).

Cheers,
    Jonathan.

5. HappyLad

HappyLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the PX200's as the closed back design is pretty effective at preventing noise spill - which means I can listen to my tunes at work without disturbing anyone else :thumbsup:

I have a pair of the Sony ex71's aswell but can't wear them when out and about. Walking and listening is a no-no as each footstep sounds like an earthquake in my head. When sat down (and not eating anything) they sound great once I've got used to having them stuck in my ears.

6. cyber_who

cyber_who

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you are going to be travelling on public transport or planes I would recommend the Sennheiser PXC 250 headphones. I have found them very comfortable with good sound quality and the noise reduction works extremely well.

7. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Portapros are pretty decent and can be picked very cheap these days, too...

8. PGL

PGL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try this site for a review.
    http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/porta.htm
    It depends which site you read but most go for one of these two (PX100, Koss PortaPro). Just bought some PX100s for my MP3 player as the Koss were a bit more expensive. Got my PXs for £19.98 incl. delivery from unbeatable.co.uk

They're the retro type with yellow pads. Really pleased with them. Fold up to sunglasses size and fit in a case (provided) to avoid getting damaged.

It's personal preference at the end of the day... :)

Paul

9. jessykay

jessykay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NO WAY MAN .. leave the kids home.. guys listen.. open the ear. listen.. get Grado.. i got my rs1 from eBay 400Gbp or something.. i know i can burn these for years to come.. i aint going for cheap once i have used rs1..? any suggestions

10. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    jessykay.....a couple of points....first of all,the thread is 6 months old,and the initial poster was looking for a small pair of portable and relatively cheap phones for an iPod.

Secondly,I note in another of your posts that you refer to "me and my clients".....are you an agent or dealer,and do you have any formal connections with Ornec?

If you do,please be good enough to let us know.

11. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61

I have both, and the choice is pretty simple between the two.

The PX100 sounds better, but lets all outside noise in and vice versa.
    The PX200 sounds worse, but is still perfectly OK and blocks a useful amount of noise. Not quite as much noise blocking as the Sony EX71, but I happen to think that the PX200 is smoother and less fatiguing than the relatively cheap/tinny yet boomy (what a combo!) sound of the EX71.

Surprisingly for portable phones the PX series aren't that hugely efficient so they come out as a bit low in volume compared to the standard earbuds. Running iMod on your European-spec iPod will fix this, if you haven't done so already.

I don't really use either very often as my major portable / transportable phones are decidedly more higher-end. Given the choice though, I'd pick the PX200 as it's more practical for general portable use.

12. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Ah.
    Thread is six months old.

Didn't read that. B*******. I could have made a cup of tea in the time I spent posting that.