iPod scratches

Chris_J_0907

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good product (UK available) to remove iPod scratches at all, on both the white plastic and the metal backing?

Cheers :)

Are they that easily marked then.
I am after a player, and I am undecided on the Sony HD5 30gb , and the iPod 20gb colour. This might play a part in my decision, if the iPods look naff after a few days use.

they do scratch easily, very , very easily! i read that brasso the metal polish takes out both scratches on the front and the back , but have never tried it.

HD5 30gb it is for me then..

Going to go and get it right now. £195 , seems an ok price.

good choice, i was going to buy it, but i dont like sonic stage, used it for my minidisc and i hated it

for gods sake its only an mp3 player,just use it and stop worrying thinking its something really precious!!!! why do people insist on treating their ipods as though they are the crown jewels#

Seriously though, they do scratch kinda easy but hey...why worry after all it doesnt effect the sound and i guess thats why we all buy our daps dont we,,,not for the look???

My ipod looks shabby though, and if I ever came to sell it, would you buy one that looks shabby?

prevention is better than cure, there are many covers both hard and soft available,just because like everything else they can be scratched it is no reason not to buy one

The Apple Sauce is cheaper $17.95 I think it was, on ebay plus $5.99 postage.

My suggestion would be to buy an iSkin or a Contour Showcase and be done with it. I like the Showcase although it adds bulk... it makes the iPod 'tossable'. I can literally throw it into my bag.

I will get something like that soon, but I want to clean up the ipod incase I come to sell it soon. Especially if there's a 5th generation coming out soon although I can't see it yet.

Chris, you could try just getting some pda screen protectors then cover the front and back, your ipod will still feel smooth and light with them on and prevent any scratches for when you come to resell. I bought some from maplin for £1.99 to cover the screen and chrome back.

ilounge members do recommend brasso for minor scuffs and marks but i havnt tried it on mine yet, I just stick mine in a sock and take it out to use but am careful

I like the sound of that Lukey :thumbsup: at least I can use the cleaning kit on the grilfriend's and my mate's ipods, so it's not a total waste of money :D

I have tried different type of cases i.e. evo skins, leather etc. but then came to the conclusion that they both defeat the reasons for me buying my ipod in the first place, i.e. the smooth look and feel in your hand and the minimalist design. With an evo soft skin on the ipod feels bulky and rubbery and with a leather case on it kind of feels...well..molly and bulky. the problem is with the ipod is that not only is it supposed to be a functional device but a design icon and we all seem to fall into the trap of constantly rubbing off the finger marks and being paranoid about it getting marked.

I dont feel the same way about my mobile phone??

Saw a guy on the train today with an iPod (nothing unusual in that!). Man, was his iPod scratched!! I thought the HD5 scratched easily - not THAT easily!

I have been watching Ebay for an iPod nano but also noticed they have thin film protectors - much like screen protectors - that cover the entire front surface with the exceptions of the click wheel and a seperate one for the back. Seems like it could be a good solution to preventing scratches? Man, I really do want to buy one of these nanos now. Not sure if they have the films for larger iPods though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom