iPod Photo 30G and iPod Radio Remote - Compatible?

CarlWalters

Standard Member
I have an iPod Photo 30G and would like to also be ablt to listen to FM Radio with it. The iPod Radio Remote looks neat - but I'm not convinced it's compatible with the iPod I have. Can anyone confirm this before I possibly waste £30 :) If it isn't - does anyone have a recommended alternative please?

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
CarlWalters said:
I have an iPod Photo 30G and would like to also be ablt to listen to FM Radio with it. The iPod Radio Remote looks neat - but I'm not convinced it's compatible with the iPod I have. Can anyone confirm this before I possibly waste £30 :) If it isn't - does anyone have a recommended alternative please?
I have just bought the iPod Radio Remote for £35 from the Apple Store, its a very nice gadget. After all, all i wanted was some Apple iPod headphones with an inline volume remote and i get radio too.

I have the 30gb iPod Video and it works fine, plugs into the port on the bottom of your iPod rather than the headphone socket and it gives you a radio option on your screen, click that and get tuneing, you can also book mark everything & even switch it to USA to get there stations if ever you on your hols there. Overall IMO a very nice piece of kit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It says on the back of the box for the Nano & Video iPod, if in doubt ask in store.

JeffB

CarlWalters said:

Unfortunatley it won't work with your iPod photo (now called the iPod with colour display). It only works with the nano and iPod 5th gen.

The Griffin iFM is one alternative.

CarlWalters

Standard Member
JeffB said:
Unfortunatley it won't work with your iPod photo (now called the iPod with colour display). It only works with the nano and iPod 5th gen.

The Griffin iFM is one alternative.
Thanks Jeff. Thats saved me a £30 mistake :) I'll check out the iFM. Thanks

Top Bottom