ipod pauses during video playback - then i loose audio

en6jwrs2

Novice Member
Please help!

I have searched the web (including this forum) and cant find the answer.

I have had a 60gb video ipod since Christmas and have always had the below problem (intermittently), however now it appears to be permanent.

During video playback the ipod will automatically pause (about 30 sec's in) for about 5-10 seconds. It will then automatically resume playing but without audio! The audio can be returned by rewinding a few frames but then the same will happen after another 30 seconds.

I used to get round this by restarting the video and it would (generally) play seamlessly, however now it wont.

Please help!!! Does it have something to do with the way in which the audio is coded?

Thanks

mat1980uk

i to have an ipod 60gb and have had it only 2 days and have noticed something similar but with music, turned on ipod pressed play and on the screen it says its playing but no sound and then it pauses it self, but after 5 mins i gave up and just turned it off.later i tried it worked perfect.have you had it with music as well? havent put any videos on mine yet.

JeffB

en6jwrs2 said:
Please help!

I have searched the web (including this forum) and cant find the answer.

I have had a 60gb video ipod since Christmas and have always had the below problem (intermittently), however now it appears to be permanent.

During video playback the ipod will automatically pause (about 30 sec's in) for about 5-10 seconds. It will then automatically resume playing but without audio! The audio can be returned by rewinding a few frames but then the same will happen after another 30 seconds.

I used to get round this by restarting the video and it would (generally) play seamlessly, however now it wont.

Please help!!! Does it have something to do with the way in which the audio is coded?

Thanks
Any help here?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303318

kevH

Novice Member
As Extremely has said if you upgrade the firmware to the latest it irons out a lot of Video problems it did with mine as i was having similar probs to you:smashin:

Top Bottom