Ipod or Creative Zen?

J

joe501

I have owned an ipod for nearly 1 year and although I like itunes, I have had many technical problems and the battery life is 6 hours.

Last week the hard drive finally packed in, and I was just inside my warranty so it will be sent back to apple and repaired/replaced free of charge soon.

I am seriously considering selling my new/repaired ipod on ebay and buying a creative zen mp3 player. I have seen a used ipod which is the same as mine (20GB) go for £130ish tonight.

Does anyone know if when apple send you a replacement ipod, it comes packaged like a brand new one from the shops?

Anyway, I have been researching the Zen range and it looks as if the Zen Sleek is a good bet, recordable FM Radio & microphone, 19 hour battery life, 20 GB, colour screen & photos for £175 from amazon. Or the Zen Neeon looks quite cool & cheap but not out in the UK yet.

Does anyone have any reccomendations in the Zen range, and can anyone find a reliable site that will sell the Sleek at a good price? (Amazon has 6 week wait)

ive heard bad things about the software, anywhere i can download it and try it out?

joe501 said:
I have owned an ipod for nearly 1 year and although I like itunes, I have had many technical problems and the battery life is 6 hours.

Last week the hard drive finally packed in, and I was just inside my warranty so it will be sent back to apple and repaired/replaced free of charge soon.

I am seriously considering selling my new/repaired ipod on ebay and buying a creative zen mp3 player. I have seen a used ipod which is the same as mine (20GB) go for £130ish tonight.

Does anyone know if when apple send you a replacement ipod, it comes packaged like a brand new one from the shops?

Anyway, I have been researching the Zen range and it looks as if the Zen Sleek is a good bet, recordable FM Radio & microphone, 19 hour battery life, 20 GB, colour screen & photos for £175 from amazon. Or the Zen Neeon looks quite cool & cheap but not out in the UK yet.

Does anyone have any reccomendations in the Zen range, and can anyone find a reliable site that will sell the Sleek at a good price? (Amazon has 6 week wait)

When you send an Ipod back to Apple a courier (UPS in my wife's case)comes and collects the faulty one. They turn up with packaging and only take the Ipod all other bits headphones ect stay with you. Once they have checked out the Ipod a courier returns it in the same type of packaging. The returned Ipod actually looked band new

Excellent service to be honest took about 1 week from the original call to Apple

windie said:
When you send an Ipod back to Apple a courier (UPS in my wife's case)comes and collects the faulty one. They turn up with packaging and only take the Ipod all other bits headphones ect stay with you. Once they have checked out the Ipod a courier returns it in the same type of packaging. The returned Ipod actually looked band new

Excellent service to be honest took about 1 week from the original call to Apple

great, i have just ordered the box this morning!

anyone have any opionions on the Zen Sleek??

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom